Special Chapter 12: The Yin and Yang Bunnies Pendat

(On this chapter, if you remember the Yin and Yang Bunnies pendant that Lan Zhan bought before he met Wei Ying again after his second death, I never had a chance to let Lan Zhan give it to Wei Ying, so this part is solely for that.)

"Wei Ying! Wei Ying! Wake up, Wei Ying?" Lan Zhan was shaking Wei Ying to wake him up. No, he's not going to lose him again for the second time. He won't let that happen. He tried to give Wei Ying some spiritual essence but nothing happened. Wei Ying's heart beat ceases. Lan Zhan stiffened. He can't feel his husband's heartbeat anymore.

"Wangji, he's gone." Lan Xichen shook his head when he said that to Lan Zhan. The latter shook his head repeatedly. He's not going to accept that! Wei Ying is not dead!

"Xiongzhang, Wei Ying will never leave me..." Lan Zhan whispered to Lan Xichen. Jiang Cheng grit his teeth and yanked Lan Zhan's collar.

"You let my idiot brother to die again! You promise Lan Wangji!" Jiang Cheng yelled. Lan Zhan's lower lip trembled. He let him go again. Why? Wei Ying said he won't go away anymore. He won't leave him again. But he's the one who let his hand go. It's his fault. Jiang Cheng let him go. Lan Zhan hugged Wei Ying tight.

"Wangji, give Mo Xuanyu's body to Jin Zixuan. He will bury him to Jin Lintai." Lan Zhan shook his head.

"No," Lan Zhan refused. But Jin Zixuan snatched Mo Xuanyu's body from him. Lan Zhan was stupefied. That was his husband!

"Let Wei Gongzi have his peace," Lan Xichen sighed and hug his Didi while he patted his back. Lan Zhan reach for Mo Xuanyu's body but Lan Xichen stopped him. Lan Zhan's heart was ripped apart. Why they want to separte Wei Ying from him? He just wanted to be with him is that even hard to grant?

"Wei Ying! Wei Ying!"

Lan Zhan eyes darted opened and immediately sat down. His heart is beating so fast and sweat covered his robes. He looked around and found that it was too dark and the only light was the moon's moonlight. Lan Zhan's right side was cold. Wei Ying? Where is he?

"Wei Ying?" Lan Zhan called. But no one replied. "Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan called again but  nothing. Then there is this familiar pain that wrecked his heart. Wei Ying is no longer with him. He's... Dead. They took him away from him... Again. Lan Zhan's tears came out one by one. His heart is twisting in pain. He looked at his hand, he let him go again. Wei Ying left him again in this cold, cruel world. They should have taken him too. So that at least he would be with Wei Ying. He will be glad. He weeps silently.

After an hour, there are still tears coming out. The pain lingers but he knows that it won't leave for a long time. He looked to his living room.

"I shouldn't forget to burn some joss paper money for Wei Ying. He will be sad if he doesn't have money to spend," Lan Zhan said and stood up from the bed and looked for joss paper money to burn. After finding some. Lan Zhan went to open one of the cabinets where Lan Zhan put Wei Ying's tablet. He lighted up some candles and put some incense stick in front of it. He sat down looking at Wei Ying's table. "Sorry, Wei Ying. I will burn them later for you." Then he noticed that there are some dust on Wei Ying's tablet. He went to find some cloth to wipe it.

After a few minutes, he came back and wipe it. Until he noticed something. A pendant of Yin and Yang bunnies. Something he bought before. He bought it for Wei Ying and for him but he forgotten about it. Then his heart twisted again. Why did he forget it again? Well, now that it was in his hand again, Lan Zhan will make sure to give it to Wei Ying now.

"Wei Ying, this is a pendent I bought in passing. I hope you like it. Mine is black while yours is white so... you can... remember me..." Lan Zhan said. A new bunch of tears started to pour out again. "Wei Ying... Come back to me..."