Chapter 46 - Marry her!

Wei Ying is not in favor of Jiang Cheng marrying Wen Qing. So he suggest that Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng will talk about it inside a room. Wen Qing will be outside, in case something happened to Jiang Cheng. The latter kept avoiding Lan Xichen while the other looked at him with longing and hurt gaze.

"Ah Cheng, I-"

"Save it! I don't want to hear it! I am going!" Jiang Cheng was about to stand up but Lan Xichen stopped him.

"Ah Cheng! Please, just hear me out! It was a misunderstanding! Yes, I came to her room before we leave Cloud Recesses the time Baoshan Sanren asked us to come with her in Yundao-"

"Now you admitted it, why do we need to talk about it? Lan Xichen, are you making a fool out of me?" Jiang Cheng is really mad and it seems that he's too closed minded to hear his plea and explanation.

"What do you want me to do to forgive me? To ease your anger? To hear me out? I will do it!" Lan Xichen took a step back. He will do what Jiang cheng tell him if it will make him hear his explanation. Jiang Cheng looked at him seriously.

"Marry her." Lan Xichen's eyes widened. Marry that woman? Why would he marry that woman? The woman who ruined their relationship. Why?

"Ah Cheng..." He can't believe it!

"Marry her and don't bother to come back here. Ah huan, I am tired of hearing such words from your uncle that I can't give you a child. That I don't deserve you. That he can't believe that I turned you into a cut sleeve, f*ck if I can kill him, I will do that but I can't. He's your uncle! Wei Wuxian and I respect your uncle too even though he didn't like us. Now that you're going to have a child that Your uncle approved of, then isn't that better? You're that Zewu Jun again! A man who always do whatever your uncle told you!" Jiang Cheng said. He can't believe that he got tired of fighting for their love. He should become more like Lan Zhan. He should have become brave to fight for his Jiang Cheng. And he can't blame him. He did go to her room alone and if someone saw him then no other person other than him. He became careless and give his full trust to that woman just like before to Jin Guangyao. Maybe it was his consequence because he didn't fight for Jiang Cheng. Maybe because he thought that it worked to Lan Zhan and Wei Ying, it will work to them too. But it proved him wrong. He doesn't deserve Jiang Cheng at all.

"Very well... If that's what you want... Then I will marry her." This time it was Jiang Cheng who stiffened. He didn't expect that Lan Xichen will accept what he said. Lan Xichen smiled sadly to him. It broke his heart. "I will marry her because you said it, and not because I am acknowledging that I am the father of the child. Ah Cheng, a Lan can only love one person in our lifetime. Just like how my father love my mother, I will love you the same. I will always love you and that will never change." Lan Xichen held Jiang Cheng's hand, take off his forehead ribbon and put it on his palm. "You're the only person I will give my forehead ribbon to. I am sorry that I am a coward to fight for you, Ah Cheng." Lan Xichen kissed his palm with the ribbon. "I love you, my Ah Cheng. My love."

Then Lan Xichen stood up and left the room. Jiang Cheng's hand that was holding a ribbon limped to his side and tears fell from his eyes. It hurts, why does it hurts? Didn't he choose this because Lan Xichen cheated on him? But what if he didn't? What if it was really all a misunderstanding? He was regreting his decision now. He cried and hugged the forehead ribbon that his former lover gave him.

Lan Xichen is too deaf to hear everything around him. When he went out the room, he ride his sword and darted away despite the calls. He let his tears freely from his eyes. All those memories they shared together, it all flashed in his mind. If he made a stand to his uncle like Lan Zhan, like he didn't entertain that woman, maybe these things didn't happen. It's only his fault and he can't blame others.

Instead of going straight to Cloud Recesses, he went to Qinghe Nie. When he arrived, rain started to pour heavily. The soldiers of Qinghe Nie immediately let him in. Nie Huaisang welcome him and noticed the gloomy expression of his Da ge's sworn brother.

"Er ge, Is there something wrong?" Nie Huaisang asked worriedly. Lan Xichen didn't replied and just kept looking at the floor fully soaked in the rain. Nie Huaisang looked at his servant who looks at him too, clearly didn't know what they should do.

"Can I stay here for the night?" Lan Xichen asked. Nie Huaisang nodded immediately and told to his servant to prepare a room for him. "Huaisang, can you... drink wine with me?"

"Ha?" Nie Huaisang was so surprised when Lan Xichen asked him to drink with him? It's no problem to him. His tolerance in wine and alcohol is okay but not with the Lans. "Are you sure you want to drink?"

"Mn. I want to drink alcohol and wine so that for a moment, I can't feel the pain here." Lan Xichen pointed to his heart. He smirked bitterly. "It hurts, Huisang. It hurts to leave Yunmeng behind. To leave Jiang Cheng." Nie Huaisang opened his fan and fanned himself. He was curious and wanted to know what happened so he quickly asked his servant to prepare something. Then he noticed the older Jade's missing forehead ribbon.

"Wait- where is your forehead ribbon, Er ge?" Nie Huaisang asked but Lan Xichen didn't answer. So, Nie Huaisang toom Lan Xichen to a room and they drink the wine. After 10 seconds, Lan Xichen got drunk. He immediately cried so hard that it surprised Nie Huaisang. "Er ge, what is wrong? Tell me!"

"He didn't want me anymore! He doesn't love me anymore! He wanted me to marry someone else! It hurts, Ah Sang! I feel like being stab to my heart multiple times! That woman, Liu Qin told Jiang Cheng that she's pregnant with my child but it's not true! Nothing happened between us! Not once! But Jiang Cheng believed her! He told me to marry her because... because she will give me a child that I don't need and not even mine. It hurts, it really hurts," Lan Xichen said and drink the wine again. Nie Huaisang looked at Lan Xichen before he sighed and asked a servant to fetch him some ink and paper.

"Who ever mess with you two, will pay! Who dare hurt my brother's friend!" Nie Huaisang clicked his tongue and write something before deploying it. He will ask his spy to do a background check with the woman. He will help his friend and his brother's friend.

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: what do you think? Hehehe Did you like it? Let me know what you think!

See you soon, lovelies! Pardon my english, grammatical errors and spelling. Mwah!