Chapter 4

A/N
I'll publish this one a little earlier than I normally do because I'm going to doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. I'm so excited!!

Scarlett's POV

I was surprised Lizzie texted me that quick. Not that I mind, I mean they are really kind. I decide to dress up casual, I grab a nice black jeans and a simple shirt. I need to leave in a few minutes if I want to be on time.

The drive to their house was easy and I got there quicker than I figured. I parked my car and walked towards their house. Lizzie opened the door before I had the chance to knock on their door.

The first thing I smelled when I walked into their house was really good. I think it was something like a pasta or maybe lasagna. "Wauw Lizzie, it smells really good in here. What did you make?" I ask her. "Just some lasagna, it's pretty easy and it has to be in the oven for quite a while," she answers. I immediately noticed that she wanted to talk about something else.

"Oh wait Lizzie, I got you a little gift," I say while picking the bottle of wine out of my bag. "Thanks, that's nice of you, but it wasn't necessary Scarlett," she says while she takes it. "Is it okay if I open it already? I need a glass of wine if I want to talk to you," she asks me real quick. "Go ahead, I brought it to be drank, not to stay inside the bottle," I say jokingly, not that I think Lizzie caught up on the joke part but that's okay.

Lizzie's POV

God I'm way too stressed about Y/N. I'm glad Scarlett could come around. Even though I haven't known her for long, it felt really good earlier today. Crap, I dropped the corkscrew on the floor. It was pretty loud, so I hope Y/N didn't notice. I hear Scarlett walking towards the kitchen. "Hey, is everything okay? I heard a really loud noise and decided to check on you," she says really soft and friendly. "I dropped the damn corkscrew, I'm so stupid. I can't even open a bottle of wine when I need wine," I say irritated, almost crying.

Scarlett opened the bottle for me and poured the both of us a glass of wine. God that woman was a life saver for the second time today. She grabbed both of the glasses and pushed me towards our couch. "Okay, you're gonna tell me what's wrong. Take a sip of your wine and tell me. It's clearly bothering and you can't even function anymore," Scarlett almost demanded.

After I stutter a lot and drank my first glass of wine I start talking, well rambling. "Okay so Y/N really struggled after her ex boyfriend started abusing her. She totally shut down. Had all those panic attacks and fainted a lot. I'm not sure if she's seeing anyone right now but I don't believe she is," I kinda ramble into Scarlett. "Wow, Lizzie, could you please calm down. I'm trying to keep up, you're allowed to breath too," she jokes to make me stop and catch my breath.

We've been talking about Y/N for 20 minutes when I hear noises from upstairs. "Wait, can we continue later please. I don't want her to hear our conversation," I ask Scarlett. I'm glad she respects it. "I think I have to go look at her. She seemed pretty upset when she went upstairs," I sigh. *beep beep* I hear. "Oh come on, why now," I mumble annoyed. "Liz, it's okay. You go upstairs and I'll look after the food. Go take care of your sister," Scarlett suggests.

Y/N's POV

I woke up and the house smelled good but I wasn't hungry at all. I preferred to skip it but I knew I couldn't do that. Liz did her best to make dinner and she's been alone the whole evening. Wait, I think she's talking to someone. I hope she didn't call mom, MK or Ash, I would be dead if they found out.

I decide to take a quick shower to release some of the stress and anxiety. When I come out I see Lizzie sitting on my bed. I decide to ask her who's downstairs. "Hey Liz, I woke up and needed a shower. Is dinner already ready? Oh and who's downstairs with you. I heard you talk to somebody." She doesn't really respond. "Okay, I'll go see for myself than," I say as I walk downstairs.

I was really surprised Scarlett was the one she called and not one of our sisters or mom. It was definitely a better option that she called Scarlett, but I hoped it would be just the two of us for one night. "Hey," I say quietly. "Hey, are you feeling better then when we met earlier today?" She immediately asks. "I feel a little better, thank you and thanks for everything you've done for me today." I respond a little confused. Why is Scarlett here and why does she ask these questions.