Chapter 26

Lizzie's POV

I was rocking Evie around because she wouldn't stop crying. I sent mom, Ash and MK away. They stressed Y/N out. "Miss, we need to take your sister up to the ICU her condition is critical. Her heart has trouble pumping the blood through her body. We're gonna put her in a medical induced coma for two days. We hope her body calms down and recovers," the doctor explains to me. "Wait, no. She has a baby, she needs to take care of her baby. Is this the only option?" I ask. It's freaking me out.

"I'm sorry miss, it is our last option to give her body rest and make her recover. We have to do it asap," the doctor said. "Do it, make sure she gets better. But is there a possibility you can pump her? Evie is used to being breastfed. I don't give milk so maybe it's possible to give her milk from her mom for a few more months preferably," I say. It's so overwhelming I feel like I'm starting to ramble.

They took Y/N upstairs and they got her into a coma. I'm still walking around with a crying Evie in my arms. "Oh please baby girl, stop crying," I say to her as I fall back into a chair and start crying. "Elizabeth, are you okay? Is everything okay?" Dr. Montgomery asked. "Do I look okay? No, no I'm not okay. They had to get Y/N into a coma and this little girl isn't going to stop crying as long as no one gives me something to feed this pretty baby," I sigh as I look up to dr. Montgomery. My eyes are red and puffy.

Dr. Montgomery stares at me for a minute and then she takes Evie off my chest. "Hey sweet Evelyn, let's give your sweet aunt a minute to break down and get herself together while I'll get you something to feed you," dr. Montgomery said to me. She closed the door and I heard her walk away. As soon as the door is closed I totally fall apart. I'm not sure how long I cried but my throat got sore and my eyes hurt from crying.

"Hey, Elizabeth, can I come in again? I have a little girl who wants to cuddle with her aunt again," dr. Montgomery said as she carefully opened the door. "Do you want me to call a taxi? You and Evie should go home and you need to rest. Is there a possibility you can get someone home with you? Your mom, one of your sisters?" She asks me. I know she's right. I can't do this on my own. "I think I might call Scarlett, I can't handle mom, MK or ash around right now," I say to her.

I called Scar and she immediately agreed to coming over. Dr. Montgomery handed me formula for newborns. I was all set to go home with this little girl. "Doctor Montgomery, could you please check up on Y/N from time to time? Oh and if anything changes could you call me please?" I ask her. "I will, now go home and get some rest. Scarlett will pick us up in a few," I tell dr. Montgomery.

Scarlett picked us up and drove us to my house. "Hey, Liz, Y/N is strong. She's going to be okay. We just need to pray for her. That's all we can do. Oh and we need to take care of that little , sweet girl," Scar said to me. I know she was calming me down. I couldn't go crazy too. Evie needs me now. I need to take care of her, otherwise she won't have anything left.

When we got home I put little Evie in the crib in the living room. After that I dropped myself on the couch and all I could do was cry. I felt Scarlett sitting down next to me and she put my head on her lap. I think I fell asleep. Because when I opened my eyes I was in my own bed. I heard Evie cry and wanted to get up. I heard a lot of stumbling. I guess Scar decided to get up and make her a bottle. I was too exhausted to fight.

I woke up again because my phone rang. It said doctor Montgomery. "Yes, what's wrong?" I ask, I came up too fast. The world was spinning and I had to fall back into my bed. "She's awake and asking for you and Evie. She's doing good Elizabeth. Come her as fast as you can because your sister needs you," she told me. "Yes I will, as soon as the world stops spinning I will get Scarlett and Evie," I say. "What do you mean Elizabeth? When did the world start spinning?" She asks me.

I had to refocus again. The spinning got worse. "Elizabeth, can you wake Scarlett for me?" She asked me. "Yeah I will, I just can't stand up. Do you mind if I just shout for her?" I ask dr. Montgomery. "That's fine by me,"
She said.

"Scar, please come here, now!" I shout. Hoping it's loud enough to wake her up. "What's wrong, you never shout when Evie is asleep," Scar said as she ran into my room. "Y/N woke up, the world is spinning like crazy and I have doctor Montgomery on the phone. She asked me to wake you," I say to her. "Give me your phone, now," Scarlett demanded it.

Scarlett's POV

"Hello doctor Montgomery, this is Scarlett," I say as I took the phone away from Liz. "Hey, I'm a little worried about Elizabeth. She said the world started spinning when I called. She said it still spun when she called for you which was more than 3 minutes. I'm not sure if it's the stress or if she forgot to take care of herself. She might've not eaten for more than 24 hours," dr. Montgomery told me. "That could be right, she didn't eat last night. She was so exhausted she fell asleep as soon as we got home. Can we get over? Y/N could see Evie and Liz can get checked out. I'll arrange it, is it possible you make sure we can enter through the ER?" I ask her. "Yes. I'll make sure you can, be safe. I'll see you soon," doctor Montgomery said as she ended the call.