Chapter III - Something About Erwin

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,792 words}

"Y/n? Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?" Erwin worriedly asked.

Y/n came back to her senses, she was feeling cold earlier, and now she can feel heat creeping onto her cheeks.

Y/n immediately moved away from Erwin, then she stood up.

"Y-yes! I'm fine. Sorry..." Y/n said.

Erwin sat up, too. He ignored that his uniform got all wet and dirty.

He smiled a bit when Y/n offered a hand to him, He accepted it and let the h/c-haired girl to help him stand up. "Thank you." Erwin said.

Y/n looked away. This is embarrassing and I don't know why... "No...I should be the one thanking you." Y/n said.

"No worries. Why are you out? It's raining and you're walking on the streets. You even almost got hit by a carriage." Erwin said, his tone and face were evident with pure concern.

Y/n's eyes widened when she remembered why she's outside.

She roamed her eyes around and saw the junk materials scattered on the ground. "Tch! I'm so unlucky today!"

Y/n started picking up the junk and scrap materials on the wet ground.

Erwin stared at the young girl for a while, then it just registered to him that maybe the girl was in a rush.

Erwin started helping out Y/n in putting the things back on the boxes.

"Where do you need these things for?" Erwin curiously asked.

Y/n raised a brow when she saw a silver necklace on the ground.

"My father is going to repair some parts in our house so he asked me to pick up some things on the junk shop that can still be used...instead of us buying new materials." Y/n said.

She picked up the silver necklace and stared at it. She smiled upon realizing that it must've been among the things she randomly picked up in the junk shop earlier. Well, I guess I'm still lucky today. I can try to pawn this!

Erwin chuckled when he noticed Y/n smiling while staring at the necklace.

"You look like you have a naughty motive in your mind regarding that innocent silver necklace." Erwin said.

Y/n's eyes widened. She looked at Erwin. "Wha...no?! Tch!" Y/n said.

Erwin just laughed, he finished picking up the mess on the ground and carried the three boxes, which surprised the young h/c-haired girl.

"Let me carry those--"

"It's fine. I'll walk you home. It's night already. It's dangerous for a girl to walk alone at night." Erwin said.

Y/n wasn't able to say anything.

She stared at Erwin for a few moments, then something struck her. Why does he look familiar?

Y/n doesn't remember who Erwin is. She doesn't remember that Erwin is the boy she made a quick eye contact with, three years ago. She doesn't know that Erwin is the owner of the book she picked up three years ago.

"Let's go. Just lead the way." Erwin said, smiling gorgeously at Y/n.

Y/n blinked twice, her cheeks became red the moment she got a proper look of Erwin's face. His eyes are beautiful, they're blue like the clear sky, though his eyebrows are...quite thick and bushy, but it doesn't matter. It doesn't make him look less attractive. His nose is pointy, he has a good jawline, his lips are plum and red...overall...he's...