Chapter XV - To Be With You

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,255 words}

"Those six men were Nicholas Lovof's men. They're trying to kill Erwin, apparently Erwin threatened Lovof that he has a document against Lovof, containing Lovof's illegal crimes..."

- Stohess District (Survey Corps, HQ)

Y/n locked her chest trap and made sure that all of her belts are properly locked. "Blades check, full gas check, and belts check. I'm all check!" Y/n said as she present herself to Erwin.

Erwin stared at Y/n, his arms crossed over his chest as he scanned Y/n from head to toe. "Very well." Erwin said.

The blond-man walked towards Y/n.

The h/c-haired female was a little surprised when Erwin turned her around, then the blond-man gently grabbed all her h/c hair and started tying it in a high ponytail. "You shouldn't let your hair down when we're going on a mission, it might cause you an accident." Erwin said.

Y/n puckered her lips. "I forgot my hair tie. Where'd ya get that hair tie?" The h/c-haired female turned to face Erwin, she smiled as she touched her high ponytail and the top of her head.

There's not any bumps.

Erwin tied her hair perfectly.

"I always have one with me, I know you always forget to tie your hair."

Y/n raised a brow. She just shrugged and fixed the collar of Erwin's shirt.

"You said that we'll get those underground trio to join the survey corps, what if they try kill you? Lovof hired them to kill you and to steal the document we have..." Y/n said.

"It'll be fine. They won't kill me." Erwin said.

Y/n frowned, she put both of her hands on her waist. "You don't know that. You told me there's a man in their group that's very skilled in using an ODM gear, amd you even said he looks strong. If I'm not by your side and that man gets near you, I won't be able to protect you, what if he tries--"

"Calm down."

Y/n stopped after Erwin cupped her face and gently squished her cheeks.

Her brows furrowed as she stare at Erwin, straight in his icy blue eyes.

Her lips pouting, making Erwin to let out a small chuckle. "I'll be fine, Y/n..."

Y/n frowned, she removed Erwin's hands on her face. "You always say that, Erwin. And I don't believe it..."

The h/c-haired girl looked away.

She let out a deep sigh.

"I'm sorry. I'm just scared that something might happen to you."

Erwin smiled a bit he held both of
Y/n's hand. "I know that, that's why I'm doing my best not to get hurt."

Y/n looked at Erwin with a worried look. Her eyes softened when she saw the smile on Erwin's face. That smile...

That damn smile...

"Trust me on this one, please?"
Erwin asked.

"I always trust you, Erwin." 

"I know. But you're kind of faltering on this one...I need you to calm down and believe in me. It'll be alright..."

Y/n just sighed and nod.

Though her lips slowly curved up into a smile when Erwin gently kissed the back of her left hand. Damn it, Erwin.

"This is unfair." Y/n said.