Chapter LXXI - The Reclamation of Wall Maria (II)

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,675 words}

"Erwin. He's gonna come up here." Levi spoke.

Steel-gray like eyes staring glaring down at the armored titan, finally back on his feet and standing tall.

The commander reamined quiet, keeping his eyes on their enemies.

While the armored titan sprinted towards the wall, hardening all of his nails on boht of his hands and feet.

"Troops, avoid engaging the armored titan!! Don't get near that thing!!"

"Yes, sir!!"

Eren gritted his teeth as he glared down at the armored titan, the under of his eyes are marked with his titan scars. Until now, the enemies are still not aware of his presence since all the scouts have kept their hoods on.

"Are we still waiting on attack orders?!" The green-eyed asked, getting more worried and impatient.

"What's the commander doing?!"

"Obserbing the enemy's movements. Reiner and Bertolt probably have a very elaborate welcome waiting for us here." Hange answered to Eren.

On Erwin's side, Y/n, Levi, Armin, Klaus and some other scouts are with them. On Hange's side, Moblit, her newly appointed squad-members and the Levi squad members are together.

The commander was taken aback, seeing a quadrupedal titan beside the beast titan. The quadrupedal titan has also has saddle on it, for carrying a cargo. Erwin immediately guessed what could've been wrong earlier.

That quadruple titan has a saddle on it for carrying cargo.

It must not be part of the group of titans that transformed just now.

Could that mean its an enemy scout? It could have been the one that spotted us approachinf and warned Reiner.

In that case...

"That quadrupedal titan is intelligent, too." Erwin spoke, the others looked at him, surprised. "No...there must be even more of them out there."

Armin felt anxious as he began to think what could be the purpose of the cargo on the quadrupedal's titan.

"The enemy...is even more formidable than we we predicted." Erwin added.

Him and everyone else were confused upon seeing the beast titan raised its clenched fist, their hearings were disturbed by the beast titan's loud growl along with his fist that he smashed onto the ground.

Y/n was in horror as she sees the titans around the beast titan had began to move. "They're moving!! Multiple two-three meter class titans approaching!!" The h/c-haired woman gritted her teeth as she glared at the beast titan. That piece of shit monkey!

"Erwin, your orders?" Y/n asked.

She felt even morw annoyed when the blond-man still hasn't spoke.

The commander is still ovserving their battlefield. It'll be just like the raid at Utgard castle. They'll go for our horses first. Their primary goal is to capture Eren. But to do that, they'll first take away our escape options. There's no way for us to return home from here in titan territory without our horses. If they can kill our horses, they can cut our supply lines simply by blocking our retreat. Then they'd just have to wait a wek, or at most a month, for us all to waste away. In that way, they could pluck Eren from his deathbed without even having to fight. Given that, the large titans are doing just what I'd expect standing in a rank. They're clearly acting as a cage to trap us here. Erwin thought.