Chapter XLVII - Kenny the Ripper

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,440 words}

"I thought of a way to stop you just short of killing you." Levi said while staring at Eren. The green-eyed boy was taken aback by what he said.

"What...?" Eren said.

Levi picked up a chalk.

He's standing near the blackboard. Him, his squad, Hange and Y/n are inside the classroom. "I said before that the only way to stop you in your titan form is to kill you..." Lave faced the blackboard and began to draw his version of Eren's titan. "...but this would just leave you badly wounded. That said, it would rely on several different skills. In short...we would have to cut out the meat of your titan neck with you inside of it. Then we would cut off your hands and feet."

Eren stiffened on his place, beads of sweat formed on his forehead, his eyebrows furrowed too much that they're about to connect together.

Levi looked him with a cringing face.

"They'd grow back anyway, like a lopped-off lizard's tail, right?" Eren felt terrified. "Creepy little bastard."

"W-wait, sir. I don't know how or why my body parts grow back...but isn't there another way...?" Eren asked.

Levi's eyes twitched, his brows creased as he gave Eren a glare.

"Are you telling me you don't want to take any risks or make any sacrifices?"

Eren gulped.

If he's scared of one thing, or more appropriately to say, of one person, he's scared of his captain. "N-no, sir."

"Then get over it. We have as much chance of getting killed in the process as you do, so relax." Levi said.

Eren felt pressured upon feeling stares at him, he looked at his squad-mates. They're all staring at him, looking so serious and uncertain.

Eren can feel it.

His squadmates doesn't trust him.

Eren sighed then nod his head.

"Yes, sir...understood." Eren said.

"Tg-then...I can run an experiment, can't I?" Hange spoke.

Levi looked at the brunette.

Hange's sitting on a table. They have their hands covering their nose and mouth, their elbows rested on their thighs, and there goes their eyeglass again, like it's flashing with a bright light. "You're being creepy, Hange..." Y/n spoke, she's also sitting on a table, while snacking on her chocolate bar.

"...It's a big risk...on the other hand, we can't afford not to poke and prod him." What Levi answered to Hange's question. Hange looked at the raven-haired man. "I get to devise the plan, yes?" The brunette seriously asked.

Levi just nod at them.

Hange came back to their "normal" state. The brunette looked at Eren.

"Eren...if there's something we don't know...we should find out. It's absolutely worth putting our lives on the line." Hange said. Eren just nod in agreement, not like he has a choice.

He can only follow orders.

"I'll be joining you, guys." Y/n said.

Everyone looked at Y/n.

"Tch. Why? Don't you have other things to do? You'll just disturb us." Levi said.

Y/n scowled at Levi. Damn this runt.

She took a bite from her chocolate bar then jumped down from the table. "I'll be there to make sure none of you do something reckless when Eren goes out of control. There's a chance that he might not be able to control his titan again, and I'm sure you and your squad will go to put him down immediately, even if you have a plan to stop him, it's still a risk. I can't allow that. Eren is still Eren. Even if he's someone who can turn into a titan." Y/n seriously said.