Chapter XIV - To Keep You Safe and Alive

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,525 words}

- Year 844 -

Y/n, Levi, Hange - 29 years old

Nanaba, Moblit - 28 years old

Erwin, Nile, Vogel twins - 34 years old

Mike - 36 years old

Eren, Mikasa, Armin - 9 years old

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Shiganshina District, Wall Maria)

"YOU FREAK!"

A blond-boy sitting on the ground while covering his head is being beaten up by three ugly kids older than him, maybe a year or two.

Tears streamed down to the blond-boy's cheek as he just let the three boys beat him, he's gotten used to it.

Being bullied, called names like "freak", "heretic" or whatever names they think of him that'll suit him.

"You're so weak, Armin! Come on! Fight back! Or can your books help you?!" The leader of the bullies said.

The other two kids laughed, and they continued on beating up Armin, kicking him and even punching him, and pushing him hard onto the wall.

Armin just let them be.

He doesn't want to fight back.

Because he knows himself that he won't win to them when it comes to physical fighting, but he won't lose either, because he's not running away.

"OI! You damn brats!"

The three bullies stopped when they heard a woman's voice, they looked back and was terrified to see a survey corps female soldier with h/l h/c hair.

They immediately recognize the lady.

"IT'S Y/N OF THE SCOUTS!"

"AH! THIS IS BAD!"

"RUN!"

Y/n frowned after the three bullies immediately run away, she clicked her tongue then just shook her head.

"Damn kids ganging up on one..."

Y/n looked at Armin, her e/c eyes softened upon seeing the blond-boy's still sitting on the ground, hugging his knees while he keeps his head down.

The h/c-haired lady sighed.

She walked towards Armin and crouched in front of the blond-boy.

"Hey...they're gone now..." Y/n said.

Armin slowly brought his head up, his blue-eyes that are currently filled with tears stared straigh into Y/n's.

The h/c-haired woman was kind of amused to see that the blond-boy has the same eye color with the love of her life, even his blond-hair is the same with Erwin. "T-thank you, miss."

A smile crept onto Y/n's lips.

She placed a hand on top of Armin's head. Then gently pat it. "No problem, boy. What's your name?" Y/n asked.

Armin wiped his tears, he whined a little when he felt the sting of his little wounds and some bruises on his face.

"Armin Arlert." The blond-boy said.

"I see. What a nice name you have. How old are you?" Y/n asked.

She held Armin's arms and helped the blond-boy to stand up. "9 years old..."

The h/c-haired lady took out her blue handkerchief from her pants' pocket, then she used it to gently wiped Armin's face. The blue handkerchief was the one that Erwin gave to her.