Chapter IX - To Give Her Freedom

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,440 words}

Y/n immediately moved away from Erwin, she lose balance and fell on her butt on Erwin's side, making her to grunt a little since the stream has stones, now her butt hurts from it.

While Erwin remained frozen in his place, still lying on the stream and staring at sky with his cheeks flushed red. "S-sorry...I didn't..." Y/n spoke.

Erwin came back to his senses, he looked at Y/n as he slowly sat up.

"I...I was...I didn't..."

Y/n shut her eyes, she covered her whole face out of embarrassment.

"I'm really sorry, Erwin!!" Y/n said.

Erwin's eyes are a bit wide and his mouth is slightly hanging open as he stare at Y/n. His heart is still beating fast and loud, his face still feels hot and his mind is surprisingly blank.

Y/n kept her hands on her face, but she moved her fingers out of her eyes to look at Erwin, she gulped upon seeing that the blond, blue-eyed man is just speechless while staring at her.

Damn it...how can I face him now?! Why the hell did I have to fall on top of him?! I could've just fall on his side or on those damn stones on the stream!!

Y/n's eys became glossy, she's just frustrated because of what happened. And she wants to cry out of embarrasment. "S-sorry, I...I didn't--"

"Heh..."

Y/n was astonished when Erwin suddenly chuckled, Erwin put a fist over his mouth as he chuckle lightly. His eyes closed and smiling, too.

At that moment,

Y/n noticed the blush on Erwin's cheeks, he's just as embarassed as her.

"It's fine..." Erwin spoke.

Y/n blinked twice. "Eh...?"

Erwin looked at Y/n.

The blond, blue-eyed man flashed the h/c-haired female a small smile.

That smile of his that never fails to make Y/n fall for him even more.

Y/n's eyes went round after Erwin tucked a thin strand of her h/c hair behind her left ear. "I hope you had a good day today, Y/n." Erwin said.

The h/c-haire lady gulped, her mind is absent but she still nod as a response.

Erwin...my day today is not just good...

It's amazing.

--

(One Month Later)

- Five Days Before The Expedition -

(Stohess District)

Y/n has a wide-smile plastered on her lips as she stare at the feast that her family specially prepared for her. She went home today since it's her day-off. It's her first day-off in the scouts.

"Wow! Are we celebrating or something?! Why is there a lot of food on out dining table?!" Y/n asked.

Jason and Helen let out a chuckle.

"There's no celebration, we really just prepared this feasts for you! Welcome home, my beautiful dear." Helen said.

The woman hugged Y/n, almost squishing her head, making Y/n to laughed as she hugged her back.

"And we got some liquors here!!"

Y/n and Helen looked at Angelo and Raoul who just arrived, holding different bottles of expensive liquors.