Chapter XLII - Who Is He?

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,830 words}

The interior was in a state of confusion, just like five years ago.

"The colossal titan had destroyed the southern gate of Trost district. And trost was temporarily occupied by titans...but a do-or-die operation to take back the territory has succeeded, and the gate was sealed. The titans inside Trost district are now being hunted down."

Y/n raised a brow upon hearing a crowd of people talking about what had happened in Trost district.

She was just about to go inside her carriage, but what she heard caught her attention. Y/n decided to stay outside for a while to listen to the citizens of wall Sina. "The wall was "sealed?" How'd they manage that?"

"Of course, it's all lies! This is royal propaganda. They're spreading those lies around us to keep us commoners in the interior in the dark!"

"The bastards from outside the wall are already rushing through wall Sina!"

The people began to murmur.

All of them ossiping about the news they've just heard and spreading
false informations by voicing out their wrong assumptions. Y/n could just shake her head. These people are hopeless...that's why this world isn't even worthy of dying for...dumbasses.

"Terrible news from the merchants!"

A man arrived holding a few rolls
of newspapers from the merchants association. He gave it to three men.

Y/n had guessed that that the news from the merchants' association must be about Eren and his titan powers.

"The merchants' association? Can we believe information that isn't certified by the monarchy?!" A nobleman asked.

"And why should I believe the monarchy's information is corrent?!" A commoner man asked, raising one brow at the nobleman, even giving him a dirty-look. The nobleman just shut his mouth, and glared at the guy.

"H-hey...what the hell does this mean...?"

Everyone looked at another man who spoke, he has a surprised look on his face or more like a terrfied one.

"It says...a titan sealed up the gate...with a boulder! What does that mean...? Are they saying a titan was on our side...?!" The man said in disbelief. 

The crowd around him were all just in pure astonishment, some of them felt scared by the fact that a human can turn into a titan, while some of them felt relieved that the human race finally have someone stronger that can defeat the titans, and there are also those who don't believe the news. "Mama, are we not going yet? I'm going to be late for school, ma."

Y/n came back to her senses.

She looked at the window of their carriage where Eli is peeking through.

"Yes, yes. We're going now." Y/n said.

The h/c-haired woman opened the door of the carriage and got inside. She sat beside Elijah and draped an arm around her son's shoulder. "Is ittrue, mama? Humans can turn into titans now...?" Elijah curiously asked.

Y/n was surprised, she looked at Elijah. "Eh? How'd you know about the news?" Y/n asked. Elijah smiled.

"I read it on grandpa's newspaper!"

Y/n let out a small chuckle.

She ruffled Eli's hair then nod. "Well, yeah. It is true. I know someone who can turn into a titan. But he's a good guy." Elijah smiled widely. "His name is Eren. Do you want to meet him...?"