Chapter XXXII - Worth The Wait

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,810 words}

"I'm just glad none of you got hurt."

Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Marco, Thomas, Nac, Samuel, Daz, Sasha, Connie, Bertolt, Annie, Reiner, Krista and Mina all smiled and nod as as a response to Y/n.

"You all did a great job. Y/n said.

The 104th trainees, just arrived from their outside training excursion on the wasteland of wall Rose.

It's also part of their training, they were split into two groups. Thomas and Marco are the chosen leaders.

On Thomas's team are Mikasa, Reiner, Annie, Bertolt, Samuel, Nac and Daz.

While on Marco's team are Eren, Krista, Armin, Sasha, Connie and Mina. Mikasa and Armin were the ones chosen as the ones who will record and evaluate each of their member's individual performance.

The 104th were tasked to do a round trip through the wasteland.

They left the training base at the same time on separate routes, they're tasked to retrieved an object at the checkpoint, then returned to the base.

This wasteland excuriosn training exercise aimed to test their vigilance in tedious, low-risk situations.

Unfortunately, a turmoil happened which postponed their excursion.

A group of caravan thieves stole the vertical maneuvering gears of the 104th and even took Krista Lenz as their hostage. But the 104th trainees were successful in taking back their gears because of great teamwork.

They were also able to rescue Krista Lenz and apprehend all the thieves.

Y/n flashed the 16 trainees an angelic smile, which made the 16 to stare at her with awe. And a certain brawny guy blushed hard, eyes sparkling as he stare at his crush. "Well, then. For the rest of your day, get a proper rest. Tomorrow and the next day will be your day-offs. I'll leave for today, too."

Y/n walked towards the 16, she went to Eren first and gave his hair a soft ruffle, she went on giving ruffles and headpats to the other trainees, who gave her a sheepish smile in return.

The h/c-haired woman raised a brow upon noticing Reiner's blushing.

"What up with you, Reiner?"
Y/n asked, she tiptoed and reached for Reiner's head. Y/n smiled as she gently pat the brawny male's head, making Reiner to almost melt on his place. "Man. You're growing taller, Reiner!"

The others chuckled as they watch Reiner blushed hard while staring at Y/n. "Snap out of it, Reiner." Bertolt said as he nudged Reiner's right arm.

"See ya on Monday, brats." Y/n said.

She was about to go, but stopped when Reiner suddenly yelled at her.

"PLEASE MARRY ME, Y/N-SAN!"
Reiner said in a loud voice.

An irk appeared on Y/n's face, she stared at Reiner with pure disbelief, the brawny male even bowed at her.

Everyone laughed at Reiner

"You brat..." Y/n muttered.

Reiner looked up at Y/n, he remained serious, which is comical to everyone.

He's really asking Y/n to a marriage.

"The hell's wrong with you? And, no.
I won't marry you, Braun..." Y/n said.

She smacked Reiner's head making the brawny male to whined and pout.

Y/n shook her head, she just walked out leaving Reiner all gloomy because of her blunt rejection for his marriage proposal. A smile crept onto Y/n's lips as she looked back at the 104th brats.