Chapter LI - Suspect

{Long Chapter Ahead - 3,990 words}

{Tw: This chapter contains sexual content not suitable for minors! Read at your own risk...🔞🔞🔞}

*Clang!* *Clang!*

The sound of the bell attracted the attention of the citizens of Karanese district, the people outside gathered at the side of the streets, while those who are inside their house looked through their window to look outside.

When the bell of the gates rang, it means that the survey corps are finally back from their expedition.

"The survey corps is back!"

"Aren't there a lot fewer that went out earlier?"

The people watched the scouts entered their town, and just by looking at the scout's gloomy faces...

it was yet another defeat.

"They made such a huge fuss going out this morning...and here they are, back in time for lunch!"

"What did they even bother going out for?"

"Who knows...?"

"Yeah, but judging by theur pouty looks...they at least suceeded in throwin' our taxes down the drain!"

Y/n kept her stare down, not even wanting to look at the people who's done nothing but shamelessly insults them. If she looks at them, she might not be able to hold back rising anger.

"Captain Levi, sir!!"

The h/c-haired woman stopped walking as she heard a man called Levi, she looked back and saw an old-man with a wide-grin approached Levi. "Thank you for taking good care of my daughter! I'm Petra's father! There's something I want to discuss with you before I find her...my daughter sent me this letter, see..."

The old man showed the raven-haired man a white envelope for letter.

Y/n's eyes became glossy whilst she stare at the jolly expression on the face of Petra's father. Petra's dead...

"She wrote that you're counting on her skill and that she's working directly under your commander now...she says she intends to devote herself to you completely or something like that...well...that was her pride talking, but she doesn't understand how worried 5hat makes me! Hahaha!" Petra's father continued to talk, still following Levi who remained stoic, yet also looking exhausted as he walks.

"Um...I mean...as her father...I think it's still too early to get her married up...she's still young, after all, and who knows what's going to happen in the days ahead..." The old man said.

Levi's eyes widened as he stared at nowhere. It struck him just now.

Petra was still so young.

Yet she already died.

Y/n clenched her fists, she walked towards Levi, the raven-haired man looked at her. I'll take care of it. You can go... Levi seemed to understand.

Levi left, leaving the old man who was confused as to why he was only ignored by the captain of his child.

"Mr. Ral..."

The old man looked at Y/n, yet another smile was plastered on his lips to meet another scout, he could tell just by looking at Y/n that Y/n is a high-ranking officer. "Yes, ma'am?"

Y/n looked down. "I'm sorry..."

The h/c-haired woman handed a survey corps patch to the old man.

The smile on Petra's father slowly fade away as he stare at the patch.