Chapter XXXVI - My Fiancé

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,915 words}

"Will you marry me?"

Y/n's eyes went round and her mouth parted out of pure astonishment, she stared at Erwin for a while, until her eyes landed on her engagement ring held between of Erwin's index finger and thumb finger. The h/c-haired lady covered her mouth, her eyes became glossy. "E...Erwin...are you serious...?"

Erwin smiled at her, the blue-eyed-man stared at her with hopeful eyes.

It's like Erwin's waiting and wishing for the h/c-haired woman to answer that is "yes". "I wouldn't dare to make a joke about this, darling...I am asking genuinely, will you take my surname as yours, too?" The blond-man asked.

Y/n's tears streamed down to her cheeks, she shut her eyes as she let more of her tears to roll down to her cheeks. "B-But...w-were not even certain if we can..." Y/n paused after Erwin cupped her face, the blond-man made her to looked up at him.

Erwin wiped her tears, a smile still plastered on the blue-eyed man's lips.

A kind of smile that gave Y/n some comfort, warmth and relief. "Yeah...
we're not certain if we can live long. But that only makes me more to want to spend this uncertain life with you doing anything that'll make us both happy. It only makes me more to do the things ai can do while we're still together, and one of those things...is this, darling...I want to marry you..."

Small whimpers left Y/n's lips and more of her tears streamed down to her cheeks, she was just thinking of marriage earlier and it was the same reason why she suddenly felt down.

She was feeling insecure and jealous, because she wanted to experience it, too. She wants to get married to the love of her life...but now...she's being proposed on by the person she loves.

Erwin let out small sigh, while the smile on his lips remained, he gently caressed Y/n's cheek. "I want you to be mine, Y/n. Completely mine...darling."

A smile crept onto Y/n's lips.

She closed her eyed as she leaned her face onto Erwin's palm that's placed on her right cheek. The blond-man felt his heart raced fast, and beat loud as Y/n kissed his hand. "Erwin..." Y/n opened her eyes, and stared at Erwin.

"My answer is yes...I'll marry you."

Erwin was relieved, even if he already thinks Y/n was gonna say, he was still nervous about his marriage proposal.

Hearing his dear darling's answer makes him really happy and relieved.

Y/n closed her eyes once more as Erwin pulled her face close to him.

Erwin's lips touched hers.

The blue-eyed man kissed her sofltly, while cupping her right cheek with a gentle touch, like she's made of glass.

"I love you." Erwin said.

More of her tears streamed down to her cheeks as she looked down at her left hand that's now being hold by Erwin, she just teared up and smiled as she watched the blond-man slid her engagement ring on her fourth finger. "I love you so much, darling. Thank you for coming into my life."

Erwin cupped both of her cheeks.

The blond-man pulled her into another one of his passionate kiss.

Y/n smiled and wrapped her arms around Erwin's neck as she kissed him back, her tears still streaming down to both of her flushed cheeks.

The water in their tub splashed
and spilled on the ground after she moved, sitting on Erwin's lap, still kissing the blond-man passionately.

The twon both pulled away from each other at the same time, they leaned their foreheads onto each other, eyes remained close for a moment, their warm breaths welcoming each other.