Chapter LXXII - The Reclamation of Wall Maria (III)

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,922 words}

While the explosion blew almost everything around the inner town of wall Maria,

Armin and Y/n were lucky enough to get away and hide behind a house.

The female captain gritted her teeth as she kept a tight hold on Armin while a strong and hot wind blew.

The wind then eased off, but the surroundings are not clear anymore as it's being covered by thick smoke.

"Armin?! Are you hurt anywhere?!"

"I-I'm fine, Y/n-san!!"

Y/n sighed in relief, she stood up, helping Armin, too. "We should find your squadmates." Armin saw the suppressed emotions on Y/n's eyes.

She didn't mention Hange's squad.

"Let's go!"

The two set-off, flying mid-air as they make their way to where Eren and the others had gone. "Are you all still alive?!" Y/n felt like a heavy weight on her heart was lifted when she heard Jean's voice. "I'm fine!! What about you?!" This time Y/n heard Connie.

"I-I'm still alive, somehow..." Sasha!

"I can see them, captain!!" Armin and Y/n sighted Eren and the remaining Levi squad, and Mikasa was the first one to see them. "Armin!! Y/n-san...!!"

Y/n and Armin hooked their wires onto the house beside Eren, who's still in his titan form, and then made their way close to the green-eyed titan.

Then they landed on the building's roof while the others were standing around Eren's titan. "Are you two all right?!" Jean asked, filled with worry.

"We're okay." Y/n answered.

"What about squad Hange?!"

Mikasa asked.

"They were near Bertolt..." Y/n said.

She immediately looked away, tightening her hold onto the grips of her maneuvering gear and clenching her jaw. Her e/c-eyes landed on the colossal titan, the 60-meter tall titan moved as he tried to stand on his own two feet. "...Could we be..." Jean spoke.

Him and everyone else are now also staring at standing the colossal titan.

"...the only ones...who survived?"

Y/n's eyes widened when the colossal titan had begun smashing the houses around him. Bertolt...you damn brat!

The houses were put on fire and even thrown at the sky. "H-hey....those houses...they're falling from the sky." Connie said, eyes wide-open while he watches houses falling from the sky.

"All those homes...up so high...one of then might be yours, Eren...tell me, how does it feel...to have your own roof above your head again?!AHAHAHA!" Connie laughed out loud, though Y/n isn't sure if he really is having fun with his own joke.

"Sasha, could you hurt Connie for us?" Jean said.

Sasha only nodded, she looked at Connie and bonked his head using her spear.

"It doesn't seem to know our position." Mikasa mumbled.

"Yeah...it's trying to spread flaming wreckage everywhere. It wants to turn Shiganshina...into a sea of fire."

Armin said.

Eren gritted his teeth as he glared at the colossal titan. So now...that bastard...has set fire...to my town!

"Armin, what should we do? I'm sorry, but I'm losing strategy here on what we should do." Y/n spoke, the blond-boy and the others stared at her with surprise. "My orders earlier led Hange and her squad to death. I..."