Chapter XIII - Jealousy

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,675 words}

Why is she so quiet? Erwin's brows are furrowed while staring at Y/n who's quietly eating her apple pie.

They're now inside a coffee shop with Marie and Nile, but it feels like it's only him, Marie and Nile, because
Y/n doesn't talk much. It almost feels like she's only a ghost beside Erwin.

"It's really good to see you two! To think that you're both in the survey corps is astonishing. It seems that you two have also grown quite close." Marie said while smiling politely.

Y/n pursued her lips, she picked up her tea cup and sipped on her green tea. Yeah...we're close. Hmph. So back--
Wait. What am I thinking?! "I can say the same to you and Nile. It seems you two are on a cute date...?" Erwin said.

Nile raised a brow, he remained looking-bitter, while Marie chuckled.

Y/n stared at Marie and Nile.

They're on a date...?

"Nile just accompanied me for today." Marie said.

Erwin nod his head. He looked at Nile, his best friend rolled his eyes at him, making him to smile. "I heard about your possible promotion to a higher rank, Nile. Do update us when you're already a commamder." Erwin said.

"It's not sure, yet." Nile said.

Marie tappee Nile's arm, making the dark-haired man to blush a little.

"Why are you so serious? You're just like Y/n! Loosen up!" Marie said.

Y/n and Nile scoffed. Their lips quirked as they both looked away.

Marie looked at Nile, still smiling. "How about you, Erwin? You're a section commander in the survey corps, right? You're famous, you know? I heard some people talks about you. Saying you're the next commander of the survey corps."

Erwin smiled a bit and shook his head. "I don't think so. There are other soldiers who are better than. me." The blond, blue-eyed man said.

Y/n rolled her eyes. Acting humble now, are we? Oh please, Erwin Smith...

"Don't be so humble with me, eyebrows!" Marie said, laughing.

Y/n frowned. She calls him with his childhood nickname. She knows about it. Huh...I guess that'e because they had this...tch..."something" in the past.

Erwin chuckled. He glanced at Y/n and felt concerned the moment he saw the h/c-haired lady is frowning.

Y/n almost jumped on her sit when Erwin placed a hand on her left thigh. She looked at the blond-man who's staring at her with a concerned look.

"Is there something wrong?"
Erwin worriedly asked.

Y/n gulped. Yes. There is! Oh my god. He noticed. Well, if I am not jealous!

Wait...did I just thought I'm jealous?!

"Nothing...I'm just tired. Because I slept late last night." Y/n calmly said.

I'm good at lying. Yes, I am.

Erwin raised a brow. He stared at
Y/n as if reading her real emotions.

She says she's tired but she still came here in Karanese for a shopping?

Erwin's lips twitched, he gently squeezed Y/n's left thigh, making
Y/n to feel her heart raced and her face heat up. "You're bad at lying."

Y/n's eyes widened a bit. "Huh?!"

Erwin just smiled, he looked at Marie and Nile who're staring at him and
Y/n with a wondering look, more like a surprised look. The two are just so surprised at how close Y/n and Erwin are. Nile scoffed, he looked away from Erwin and just looked at Y/n. "So Y/n, how's life? Got any man?" Nile asked.