Chapter LII - Alive

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,030 words}

"They're late..."

Y/n looked at Levi who broke the silence among her, Eren and Levi, himself. They're inside the mess hall, and waiting for the commander who told them that he has something to discuss regarding their next mission.

"I can't believe that good-for-nothing Erwin...making me wait. The MPs are going to get here first..." Levi added.

The raven-haired man glanced at Y/n, giving her a look of "where the hell is your man?" But Y/n just raised a brow at him, giving him a look of "not like I keep with me all the time, so don't ask me." They can really understand each other. Levi then looked at Eren, who's seated beside Y/n. The green-eyed boy is staring at nowhere, looking gloomy.

Y/n seemed to have noticed Eren.

She let out a fake cough, picking up her cup of tea. Y/n looked up at the ceiling. "Maybe he's in the restroom."

Levi nod in agreement to what Y/n sais, he looked at his front, staring at nothinh. "Most likely...he's having some trouble taking a shit." Levi said.

Y/n almost choked on her tea, she scoffed and continued drinking her tea to prevenr herself from laughing.

She secretly looked at Eren.

The green-eyed boy's attention is now focused to them, but mostly at Levi

"Haha..." Eren let out a small laugh.

"Captain..." Levi looked at Eren, he remained quiet as he wait for what the green-eyed boy will say to him.

"You're...pretty talkative today."

A small frown appeared on Levi's face. "Don't be stupid. I've always been talkative." The captain said.

Eren looked away from Levi, staring at nowhere once again. "...I'm sorry."

Y/n looked at Levi and Eren.

She kept quiet as she listens to whatever the two will talk about.

Should I go out first?

"Back then...if only...I hadn't made the wrong choice...things might have been different. Even you were injured. And Y/n-san had to be put in danger just to save me." Eren said.

Y/n's eyes widened a bit, she was about to speak up, to tell Eren that it's not his fault if she fought for him, to get him back. It was her own choice.

"I told you." Levi spoke first, not giving Y/n a chance to even speak.

"No one knows how things will turn out." Levi said.

Silence grew again among the three.

It made Y/n to feel suffocated. She let out a sigh and just stared at outside through the window. I wonder what Erwin has to say to us? And why is he taking so long? Is he really shitting?!

*knock* knock*

The three snapped out of their own thoughts upon hearing the knock on the door. The door creaked as it start to opened. Y/n's eyes lit up as she saw Erwin walked in with two scouts. "I'm sorry I'm late." The blond-man said.

Eren immediately stood up to salute to the commander. "Sir..." Eren spoke.

Y/n and Eren were both surprised to see the two more scouts with Erwin.

"Armin? Mikasa, too?" Eren said.

Y/n looked at Erwin, her fiancé had also looked at her. The two kept their stare at each other even when Erwin had began to talk. "We've found someone whom we suspect is...the female titan." The blond-man said.