Chapter XVIII - I Love You's

{Long Chapter Ahead - 7,405 words}

[Warning: This chapter will contain explicit content. Read at your own risk! Heavy smut, ig?]

"You look tense."

Y/n frowned because of what Erwin said, she looked at the blond, blue-eyed-man who's sitting beside her, they're inside a carriage and they're now on their way to Stohess district.

"Because I am. What if Mrs. Smith won't like me? I mean... look at me right now, Erwin. I think I look like shit and I smell of alcohol." Y/n said.

Erwin raised a brow, he stared at the h/c-haired female. "You look good to my eyes. And you don't smell of liquor that much. You're fine." Erwin said.

Y/n sighed heavily, she clenched her fists that's resting on top of her legs.

"What's your mother's name, anyway?" Y/n curiously asked.

"Zarina S. Albrecht-Smith"

Y/n smiled, she looked at Erwin and poked his left cheek, making Erwin to stare at her with slight amusement.

"So you're Erwin A. Smith."

"Uh-huh..." Erwin said.

Y/n chuckled, she leaned back on the backrest of their chair and sighed.

"How about your late father? What's his name?" Y/n asked.

Her tone sounded careful, she knows that Erwin's dad is already dead, so she tries her best not to bring up any sensitive topic about Erwin's father.

"Ben Smith." Erwin said.

Y/n's heart raced after seeing Erwin smiled, just because he mentioned his dad's name. It seems that his father is his idol... "Who named you? Was it your dad or your mom?" Y/n asked.

Erwin raised a brow.

"You try to guessing."

Y/n smirked. "Your mom."

Erwin chuckled. "Correct."

Y/n pumped a fist and mouthed a silent, "Yes!" Making Erwin to smile whilst he stare at the hapoy h/c-haired lady. "How'd you guess it right, hm?"

Y/n pout her lips, she leaned her head on the side and stared at Erwin.

"Mothers give the most beautiful names to their child/ren." Y/n said.

Erwin pursued her lips.

So my name is beautiful?

Y/n looked away then votb of her cheeks became red. "Your name is beautiful. Erwin...I love it." Y/n said.

Erwin poked Y/n's right cheek, making the h/c-haired lady to look at him then chuckled. "Thank you..."

"You're always welcome." Y/n said.

"How about you? Who named you? Was it your dad or your mom?" Erwin curiously asked.

Y/n shrugged. "I don't know...I didn't ask my parents, nor my brothers. And they didn't tell me, too." Y/n said.

Erwin's smile faltered upon rememberig something about Y/n.

He felt his guilt crept inside him upon realizing that he knows Y/n's just an adopted child of the Vogel couple, and until now, Y/n still doesn't know about it. "Why...don't you try asking them?"

Y/n smiled a bit. "On my next day-off. I'll be going home, then I'll ask them."

Erwin nod, he held Y/n's hand, making Y/n's brows to furrow.