Chapter XLVIX - Meadow & Delicate

{Long Chapter Ahead - 7,120 words}

"Am I...really your younger sister?"

Angelo and Raoul were both shocked upon hearing their sister's question. They weren't able to answer, or more like they didn't know what to answer.

Their heart began to race fast and beat loud out of feeling suddenly nervous.

Their minds went blank as the try to process what Y/n just asked them.

"Y-Y/n...what're you..."

Angelo tried to speak, but he couldn't continue to do so when Y/n already did. "I'm not dumb. I was just playing dumb, because I didn't want to think about it. But I know I can't keep doing that. Avoiding something that could be so important. I can't just keep on... ignoring this." The h/c-haired lady wiped her tears, she sniffed then stared down, her fingers fiddled with each other. "I need to know now the truth. So tell me the truth. Am I really your younger sister? Am I really our parents' only daughter...?" Y/n asked.

Angelo wasn't able to say anything, he's the kind of man who always has an answer to any questions asked to him. But this question he's getting from Y/n, he can't answer it. Even when he knows the answer, he just doesn't want to say it. He's scared.

What would Y/n do if we tell her that she really isn't a real Vogel...?

Will she get mad?

Will she leave?

"Of course!"

Angelo was surprised when Raoul asnwered instead, he looked at his twin-brother. Raoul...his twin-brother stared at Y/n with wide, tear-eyes.

"You are our sister! You are mom and dad's daughter! You're a Vogel, Y/n..."

Raoul suddenly stopped.

He clenched his fists as he felt guilty all of a sudden. Y/n told them to tell her the truth, but right now...

He's shamelessly lying.

The dark-haired man looked down.

"No...I'm sorry..." Raoul said.

Y/n's brows creased, her tears didn't stop to fall out from her eyes, she just stayed quiet, her hands intertwined with each other. "Raoul...you still suck  lying..." Y/n said, then a bitter smile crept onto her lips. Raoul felt the tears on the corner of his eyes, he just sat back down, then stared down at the floor with a grim expression.

"It's true, isn't it? That I'm not really a Vogel...?" Y/n asked.

Raoul didn't answer, nor did Angelo.

Raoul kept his stare down.

He's ashamed to look at his younger sister after attempting to lie right in front of her face, even when they all know that there's no point at lying anymore, because the truth that have long been buried have finally gotten out. "Y/n, since...when did you have doubts?" Angelo spoke, responding to Y/n's question with another question.

The brown-haired man mustered up all his courage to speak to his sister and to look at her. Angelo knows that this is it, they can't hide it anymore...

...they have to tell Y/n the truth.

"Since I was kid...you know that the kids back in our town used to bully me, saying that I don't look like mom or dad, nor any of the two of you...at first, I thought it's fine, but then as I grew older and my mind matured, I slowly realized it...that maybe what they're saying was true, I'm not really a Vogel...that I'm not mom and dad's daughter, that I'm not your real sister. I thought that much already, I just chose to ignore it, because I didn't want to think that it might be true."