Chapter XXXVIII - Struggle for Trost

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,995 words}

"I'm sorry, Mikasa...Eren...gave his life to save me. I couldn't...do anything. I'm sorry..." Armin said while his eyes are still letting out his warm tears.

Y/n stared at the blond-boy with a sympathetic look, she knows Armin isn't strong when it comes to physical strength, but Armin's strength is his mind, the blond-boy is smart. And It's already expected for the blond-boy to blame himself for not being able to do anything, because he's always believes he's lacking in his physcaal strength.

Mikasa remained silent for a moment.

Y/n looked at the raven-haired girl and just stared at Mikasa. As for the raven-haired lady, Y/n knows Mikasa's ability and skills, she worth a whole brigade with her super strength, she's just like Y/n and Levi. Mikasa's always cool at any situations, except that if Eren's in danger, she'll lose her cool.

Y/n is quite surprised that Mikasa looks so calm and collected even after hearing that the most important person in her life had already died.

But Y/n is sure of one things.

Mikasa's hiding what she really feels.

The raven-haured lady crouched in front of Armin, reaching her left hand at the blond-boy. "Armin..." Mikasa calmly called the blond-boy. Armin looked up at her, eyes still tearing up.

"Calm down. This is no time to be getting sentimental. Now, stand up!"

Armin was astonished.

He's baffled that Mikasa is not even mad at him, nor losing her shit after hearing that Eren had already died.

Mikasa helped him to stand instead, then turned her back on him.

Mikasa made her way towards Marco.

"Marco..."

Marco looked at Mikasa, the raven-haired lady looked at the military HQ.

"If we eliminate the titans that are swarming around HQ, we'll all be able to fill up on gas and scale the walls. Am I wrong?" Mikasa asked.

Marco shook his head. "N-no, you're right. B-but even with you there..." Marco then looked at Y/n. "...and Y/n-san...against that many of them..."

"I can do it."

Marco and everyone else were surprised by what Mikasa said.

Y/n drew out her last pair of blades, not saying anything about what the raven-haires lady decided upon. She agrees with Mikasa's plan, it's a big risk, but if they don't take the risk, then they're not even trying to live.

The female captain chose not to say anything, she'll let the 104th trainees to handle themselves, she'll let them think of what they should do, as this is a perfect time to see what they're capable of doing after all those three years of training in almost like hell.

"Huh...?!" Marco said.

Mikasa suddenly raised her right hand, holding one of her blades.

"I'm strong...stronger than all of you... extremely strong! And that's why... I'll be able to drive the enemy out there... even on my own..." Mikasa said.

Y/n smirked.

She shook her head, not bothering to look at Mikasa and just listened to what the raven-haired lady has to say.

"But I guess all of you are useless...cowardly...pathetic...it's really too bad. Stay here...and suck your thumbs...while you wat me."

Almost everyone was in distressed as they watch Mikasa walked towards the edge of the roof. "Mikasa...? What ar you saying?!" A girl trainee said.