Chapter XLI - That Dream Shared

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,612 words}

Every time Erwin spends time with
Y/n, it's his favorite, but if someone were to ask him what he likes the most about spending time with his darling, it would be this...

..Where he's tangled up with her in their bed, him cuddling Y/n, he has his arms around her, while Y/n buries her face onto his chest and he gets to slowly brush her hair with his fingers.

This is what he loves the most whenever he's with Y/n, because whenever they're this close, he can feel them much more intimate.

No sex, no dirty talks, nor any naughty things, just a wholesome time with the love of his life.

"Erwin...?"

Erwin looked down at Y/n, his eyes softened upon seeing how puffy Y/n's eyes are from crying. "Yes, darling?"

"Don't you have work to do? I might be keeping you from working, you can go, you know. I'll be fine alone."
Y/n said. She said that, but the truth is she doesn't want Erwin to go, she wants to stay in bed all day with him, she wants him to hold her close for the rest of the day, because being with Erwin always cures whatever heavy burden of emotions she's carrying.

But Y/n knows Erwin is a busy man.

The blond-man is a commander of a military regiment, he has loads of paper works to do, he even has to think of new way for them to retake wall Maria with a new path now that Trost district is completely sealed.

Y/n can't bring herself to ask Erwin to stay with her, because she doesn't want to keep him from working.

She doesn't want to be the reason why Erwin will neglect his duties.

Erwin will end up having a bad reputation as a commander if he does that. And Y/n doesn't want Erwin's image to be tainted as it's already is. As Erwin's partner, his fiancé, she wants the best for him. She will help him in everything, but she will never do something that'll ruin her fiancé.

"I'll stay here. My work can wait." Erwin said.

Y/n frowned, she sat up, getting out from Erwin's hold, though the blond-man kept a hold of her right hand.

"I know You have a lot of things to do. You have to think of our new path to retake wall Maria, even a new path for our expeditions beyond the walls. I'm sure your paper works are stuc--"

Y/n eyes widened a bit when Erwin pulled her back, laying her down.

Erwin pulled her close beside him.

The blond-man closed his eyes as he carefully pushed Y/n's head onto his chest, then kissed the top of her head.

"It doesn't matter. You're first before my duties, before everything else..."

Y/n's pursued her lips to stop it from trembling and her eyes became glossy.

She doesn't even know why she wants to cry again. She already cried her eyes out earlier. But because of what Erwin said, made her to feel rather emotional. "What if you get bored?" Y/n asked, her voice muffled as she's burying her face onto Erwin's chest.

Erwin let out a small chuckle, he went back to brushing Y/n's hair, so gently, like he's afraid that he might hurt her.

"Darling, please know that none of
my time spent with you was boring. Not even when we're just here laying on our bed and cuddling..."

Y/n closed her eyes, she smiled a bit and nod, letting a few of her tears to stream down to the side of her face.

"Every time that I spend with you becomes my everything, so don't
ever think that I'll get bored being with you, because I never did and never will." Erwin and Y/n looked at each other. The blond-man cupped
Y/n's left cheek, wiping the tears on the corner of her eye with his thumb.