Chapter XXV - The Fall of Wall Maria

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,605 words}

That day, the human race remembered...the terror of being dominated by them...and the shame of being held captive in a birdcage.

"All personnel....prepare for battle!!"

The survey corps bravely entered the titan forest, all of them are on full speed on the back of their horses.

"There's one target!! Kill it without fail!!" Commander Shadis shouted.

Erwin gritted his teeth upon seeing the titan is already nearing them.

"400 meters to target!! It's heading this way!!" The blond-man shouted.

Commander Shadis raised his blade. "Just as we practiced, split into five groups!!" The scout soldiers split into five groups in their respestive teams.

"We'll be the decoys!"

Y/n and Levi are with the attack team, along with Erwin and other scouts.

"Tch...baldy." Y/n muttered upon seeing the titan approaching them.

"100 meters to target!! All attack groups!! Switch to vertical maneuvering!!" Shadis announced.

The attack teams hooked their wires onto the tress and made their way to the titan. "We strike at the same time from all directions!!" Shadis said.

One male scout hooked his wires on the titan's back and ready his blade.

"Let's teach this thing...the power of human race!!" The male scout said.

Y/n and Levi's eyes widened when the titan caught their comrade. The titan held the man's wires and pulled the man close to him, he grabbed the man's body and squeezed it to death as he brought him close to his mouth.

Y/n and Levi both clicked their tongues, they immediately made their way towards the bald, bulky titan.

The h/c-haired lady swung around the titan then blinded it, while Levi went behind it and sliced off its nape, deep.

Y/n's eyes showed an evident anger and hatred upon realizing that they were too late, the titan had already devoured their comrade, the only part left of their comrade is his arm.

"Oi, Y/n!" Levi shouted.

The h/c-haired lady made her way to the ground, she quickly picked up the arm of her comrade and wrapped it with her green survey corps cloak.

"Sorry, Braun..." Y/n muttered.

--

The bell of Shiganshina's gate rung and the people of Shiganshina were all alerted. The bell indicates that the gate is opening and the survey corps are coming back. The side streets was quick to be filled with the masses.

All of them wanting to see how the survey corps would look this time.

"Shit! I can't see with all the people!" Eren said upon arriving at the crowd.

The green-eyed boy saw a pile of boxes, he immediately climbed on top of it. Mikasa is following behind him.

The smile on Eren's face faded upon seeing the state of the survey corps.

A lot of scouts are injured.

All of them looking grim and lost.

Devastated, exhausted and hopeless.

Once again...

Their expedition outside the walls is nothing, but only another day for them, gaining casualties without even learning anything about the titans.