Chapter LXVII - Family Date

{Long Chapter Ahead - 3,020 words}

(Wall Sina, Ermich District)

"We should also buy some fruits!"

Y/n smiled as she watches Elijah, grinning widely at her while carrying a basket filled with different breads.

"We'll buy your favorite fruit, mama!"

The young boy held her hand then pulled her towards the stands of fruit stalls. They're in Ermich's market to buy sime food they can bring, they'll be going on a picnic, which surprised Y/n a lot because it just so sudden.

"Hmm...the mangoes smells nice."

Y/n has her eyes focused at the mangoes on a cart, all of the harvest looks healthy as they're bright yellow and still not that ripe. "Do you want some?" The h/c-haired woman looked at Erwin, who's now beside her.

"Maybe just one or two."

Erwin nod his head, he picked six yellow mangoes then paid for it with his own money, since Y/n wasn't able to bring her own because she just got dragged by Eli and Luna from her home earlier. "I think their oranges are nice, too. The scent is perfect."

Y/n smelled the orange Erwin lend to her, she smiled, nodding at the blond-man. "Let's buy a few. Luna likes oranges." She glanced at Luna who's scolding Elijah for running off around and without asking for permission.

Erwin also brought oranges for Luna, he thought he might as well buy some bananas since its Elijah's favorite fruit. "How about you? Aren't you going to buy any for yourself, 'Win?"

The blond-man paused from picking out a good harvest of banana, his eyes went to Y/n, he's obviously flustered.

Just because his darling has a new nickname for him. "Say that again."

Y/n raised a brow at him. "The what?"

Erwin smiled, he wrapped his arm around Y/n's waist then leaned close to her ear. "What you called me...?"

The h/c-haired woman let out a small chuckle, shaking her head as she does so. "Just buy what fruit you want for yourself, then let's go, 'Win." Y/n said.

Purposedly making her tone sweet when she said her lover's shortened name that she just randomly made.

Erwin puckered his lips a bit.

Y/n felt her heartskipped a beat when the blond-man kissed the side of her head, making the female vendor in front of them to giggle. "I love that."

The h/c-haired woman gulped, she shyly smiled at the vendor, asking her to wrap some apples for her since its what Erwin likes. "Stop being clingy in public, commander. You have a reputation to hold..." Y/n smirked.

Erwin frowned. "I'm no commander today, darling. Today, I'm just a man who's in an outing with his family..."

Y/n felt her heart swelled, like it hurt. But it wasn't a pain frome something that really hurt her. What Erwin said was just too sweet for her, she couldn't help but feel so happy about it. Erwin referring to himself as a normal man who enjoys going out with hia family. I want that more.

She wishes that it'll happen more often. Where they would just forget their duties and go outside with Luna and Elijah duding the weekends.

They'll work as civilians, not soldiers.

They won't worry about the titans.

Nor whoever their enemies are.

They will care for their children.