Chapter XLV - A Strange Question

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,125 words}

A few days have passed since the kidnapping incident of Elijah and Luna, Y/n had stayed with her son and with the young blond-girl for a few days, too. Making sure that no more harm will come for the two children.

However, Erwin wasn't able to stay a few more days because he had to go back to their military HQ, and begin on planning for their 57th expedition next month. The blond-commander is already busy, and he'll even be busier.

Y/n's aware of that so even when Erwin said he can wait for her and they can go back to their HQ together,

the h/c-haired lady forced her fiancé to go back first. Like usual, she doesn't want her fiancé neglecting his duties because of her. Y/n loves the idea of Erwin putting her as his first priority.

But as much as possible...

...she wants her soon-to-be husband to be able to do what he needs nor what wants to do without worrying about her always. She'll just be there for him anytime, if Erwin ever needs her help.

Y/n grinned widely as she took out the cookies she baked inside the hot oven.

Her eyes twinkled as she stare at the round biscuits with chocolate chips.

"Eli! Luna! The cookies are ready! Come over here!" Y/n said in a loud tone, enough for Eli and Luna to hear.

The two kids are in the living room, doing their homeworks together.

Luna was so fast in standing up and shoving her things to the side, she rushed to the kitchen making Elijah to giggle. The young boy followed behind. "It smells good, Miss Y/n!!" Luna said while staring lovingly at the cookies that Y/n made. A light shade of pink crept onto her cheeks.

Y/n smiled, she transferred 50 cookies on a plate, and she left the remaining 50 pieces for her friends at their HQ.

She'll give it to them when she goes back to survey corps HQ tomorrow.

"Young missy, didn't I tell you to just call me auntie?" Y/n said as she placed the plate full of cookies on the round table where Eli and Luna are seated.

Luna let out an awkward chuckle.

She scratched the back of her head. "Yes, auntie. Sorry, I keep forgetting hehehe..." the young blond-girl said.

"You can call her mom, too!" Eli said.

Luna's eyes widened, she looked at the young-boy. "W-what?" Luna said.

Elijah sheepishly smiled at her. "You can call my mom, mom, too." Elijah then looked at his mother, Y/n sat on the center chair in between him and Luna. "You don't mind right, mama?"

Y/n ruffled Elijah's hair as she nod, she looked at Luna. "If you're okay with that then I'm okay with it, too."

Luna puckered her lips, she shyly looked away while one of her hand reached for one cookie. "O-okay..."

Y/n just chuckled, she pinched Luna's cheeks. "You're so adorableee, Luna!"

"Eh...thank you." Luna shyly said.

Elijah laughed at the young girl, teasing Luna at how shy the young blond-girl gets whenever his mom spits out compliments for the young girl. Elijah noticed one thing, Luna admires his mother just like how he does. They both highly respect, love and admires the h/c-haired woman.

Even if it's only been a few days,

Luna found comfort from Y/n.

Not only to the h/c-haired woman but also to the whole Vogel family who all welcomed her with a genuine heart.