Chapter LXIV - Reiss Chapel

{Long Chapter Ahead- 5,180 words}

Y/n and Levi only kept a stoic face while they read a newly published newspaper, yet if someone really looks into the emotions of the two, the disbelief would be really evident.

While Jean, Sasha, Connie, Mikasa and Armin on the other hand, are surrounding their two captains with an evident shocked expressions on their faces while they read the news.

"Which means...the false charges against the survey corps are gone. You acted in legitimate self-defense. The royal capital and the administrative district are provisionally under commander-in-chief Zackly's control. The nobles haven't counterattacked. We're free now." Y/n and Levi remained silent.

While the Levi squad members began to rejoice. Connie jumped so high, kicking the air. Sasha jumped, too. She even climbed on Mikasa, who easily carried her like she weights nothing. Jean let out a loud "hooray!" with his fists clenched tightly in air.

Sasha run towards Hitch and climbed on the blond-lady, forcing Hitch to carry her, fearing they'll both fall.

Armin teared up as he leans onto Mikasa, the raven-haired lady just smiled a bit. Jean and Marlowe bumped their fists to each other, while Connie hugged Marlowe by the waist, tearing up out of happiness.

The hostage they took looked so surprised upon hearing the news from the capital. He's seated on the dirty ground and tied around a tree.

"But...how..." The man murmurred.

Levi folded the newspaper, he watched his squad celebrating while he and Y/n both kept a serious face.

"How in the world...what did you do to them?" The raven-haired man asked, his tone was evident with pure disbelief. It really is surprising to know that a lot of people cooperated in the survey corps' coup d'etat.

"We didn't do anything."

Levi and Y/n looked at Hange, the brunette smiled as they remember the people who decided to help in changing the world they all live in.

The men of Berg newspaper

The Reeves company

The citizens of Trost District

Commander Pyxis and his garrisons

Commander-in-Chief Zackly's team

Commander Nile Dok of the MPB

And lastly...The Vogel family, particulary the Vogel twins.

"It was everyone's individual choices...that brought change to our world." Hange said with a smile.

The brunette looked at Levi and Y/n.

"Hange...I'm sorry. Those three you entrusted me with...I let them die."

"Don't take all the blame, Levi. I'm also responsible for that." Y/n spoke.

Hange sadly smiled at the two.

They looked down, brows creasing.

"Well...at least you neutralized those gun-toting bastards, right?"

Levi's brows furrowed as he stare at Hange intently, Y/n gritted her teeth as she looks away. "No..." The two said in unison, one sounded angry, while the other sounded guilty. Ackermans.

"Not all of them."

Y/n looked back at their hostage.

She glared at the man, making the beaten-up man to squirm in his place out of his fear towards her.