Chapter LXVIII - I Love You So

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,025 words}

(Wall Sina, Orvud District)

"I don't know..."

"Yeah."

Jean, Armin and Eren are leaning on
a woodoe railings, looking unamused while they watch their new ruler, Queen Historia, chasing children.

"She's not the queen I expected her to be. She's been wearing the crown for two months now...but she seems more at home running an orphanage than ruling." Jean stated, his arms are crossed over his chest. Armin, who's in between him and Eren, nod his head in agreement to what he said.

"Its the military that's really ruling the walls...so there's no way of hiding the fact that the monarchy is just for show. But do you know what they call Historia on the street?"Eren and Jean looked at the blond-boy. "The "cattle-farming goddess." They mean it lovingly, of course." Armin said.

Jean's lips quirked up a bit.

"Naturally. The hero who vanquished an attacking titan turns out to be this modest and admirable? I guess she really is a goddess now..."

The young man side-eyed Eren.

His face turning into a funny, weird, teasing expression.

"At this rate, no one's even going to remember who plugged the hole in Trost district. Eh?"

Arnin sighed, shaking his head.

While Eren only kept his eyes at Historia. "One of the reasons Historia made the decision to become queen... was to do this." The green-eyed boy spoke. Armin's brows shot-up, while Jean went silent. "This?" Armin said.

Eren nod his head, responding to his best friend. "She looked everywhere from the underground to every corner of the walls...she gathered the orphans and the people in need she found there, brought them to this farm, and started taking care of them. She's using the royal family's budget and the assets seized from politicians to run this place and help the poor. Even our two captains are backing her up, especially captain Levi. Well...captain Levi was from the underground, after all. They were concerned about a backflash from the aristocracy at first, but all their resistance did was further strengthen her support among the people. I don't think she's thought it out quite this far...but she said she was going to find people in trouble, no matter where they were, and go save them. This is what Historia wanted to do."

The three boys flinched on their places when the Queen looked their way. "Hey, you're slacking again!"

"Ack."

"She found us "

Historia marched towards them, looking like an angry mother. "Can't we take a break...?" Jean asked.

The blond-girl picked up a box to help the three boys in finishing their task.

"After we carry all of this! The sun's about to set!" Historia said.

Jean and Armin sighed heavily.

They picked up their own boxes and things then walked out first.

"She's starting to remind me of my mom...tsk..." Jean unamusedly said.

"A goddess, huh?" Armin mumbled.

The two went ahead first.

While Eren and Historia followed behind Armin and Jean, only slowly walking. "So I hear the hardening experiments are going well?" Historia broke the silence between her and the green-eyed boy.

"Yeah. I'm able to block a cave now...but we're not ready for the mission yet. If we don't hurry...they'll come again." Eren said, staring at the sunset. Historia stared at the green-eyed boy for a moment, she then looked down with a grim expression.