Chapter VIII - Somewhere Only We Know

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,460 words}

"Ooooh..." Hange's cheeks are flushed red as they stare at the headquarters of the survey corps. It's an old castle exclusively renovated for the scouts.

"Their headquarters is so big."
Moblit said.

"And to think that the survey corps is the only regiment that has hundred numbers of soldiers, yet they have a big head-quarters..." Nanaba said.

Y/n chuckled and shook her head.

She looked back at their co-trainees. Today's their first day in the survey corps. The h/c-haired lady flashed her comrades a small smile. "C'mon, guys. Let's go inside. Our superiors might be waiting for us already." Y/n said.

"Yeah! Let's go!" Hange happily said.

Hange clinged onto Y/n's arm as they pulled Y/n with them, while Nanaba and Moblit walked beside the two, and their comrades are behind them.

"New recruits!"

Y/n and everyone else stopped when they heard a familiar voice, they all looked back only to see squad-leader Flagon. The new recruits saluted.

"Sir!"

Flagon stared at the new recruits
with his serious look. "Good job at arriving early. Follow me to the training grounds. The commander and everyone else in the survey corps will welcome you new graduates."

"Yes, sir!" Y/n and everyone else followed the squad-leader, Flagon.

Except for Y/n, all her classmates are still so entertained at how large is the survey corps headquarters is.

When they arrived at the field, many survey corps soldiers are already present, all of them are lined up in rows and columns. Flagon told the recruits to wait at the center front.

Y/n put her hands behind her back as she fiddled with her fingers, the h/c-haired lady let out a heavy sigh as she looked away from the crowd in front of them, Y/n has an anxiety for being watched or stared at. Or more like she's just...embarrassed. "Attention!!!"

Everyone stood properly as they heard Shadis' commanding voice.

The soldiers looked at their commander and saluted, while Keith Shadis glanced at the 21 new recruits.

His lips twitched upon seeing Y/n, honestly, he can't believe that Y/n, another top one from the training corps has joined their regiment.

The first top one their regiment got was Mike and now Y/n became the second. Keith stood in front of the new recruits, facing the senior scouts.

"Listen up, everyone! We have new recruits today! From now on, these young people will be joining us! You seniors will guide them! Especially to the squads that they'll be assigned to! Become a good role model and don't take advantage of your superiority towards them! The new recruits will be participating in our expedition in three months!! Make sure to help your juniors and never slack off!!"

"Yes, sir!"

Keith Shadis turned to the new recruits, his eyes landed first on
Y/n, Hange, Moblit and Nanaba.

The survey corps has now a few elite soldiers...Mike Zacharias Erwin Smith, Flagon, Ness and now...these certain four new recruits from the training corps who're all part of the top 10....

"Introduce yourselves, recruits!" Commander Shadis said.

The 17 rookied were the first ones to introduced theirselves, and the next one was Hange. "Hange Zoë from wall Rose!" Hange said, they're saluting and their pretty wide-smile remained.