Chapter XXIX - Elijah Vogel

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,725 words}

"Eren Yeager...are you ready?" 
Inst. Shadis asked the green-eyed boy who's now tied on the rope of the posture-control balance equipment.

"Control of the vertical maneuvering gear is the bear minimum required to be a soldier. If you can't do that, you're going back to the settlement, understand?" Inst. Shadis asked.

Eren nod his head. "Yes, sir!

Eren roamed his eyes around, he felt relieved the moment he saw Y/n on the far back, behind his co-trainees.

The h/c-haired woman has her arms crossed over her chest, and her face only shows a serious expression.

Her eyes filled stone cold gaze, making Eren to feel pressured.

I can do this! I know I can do this, Y/n-san! I may not be a natural...but no one beats me when it comes to willpower! Eren thought.

"Begin." Shadis said.

Everyone focused Eren as he's now being lifted up by Thomas Wagner.

Eren gritted his teeth as he balance himself. It's got norhing to do with logic! And I can't back it up! But that's all I have! That's my weapon!

The green-eyed boy started swinging a little while he's up mid-air. Shadis, Y/n and everyone else were thrilled.

Eren looked back. I'm doing it...

He grinned widely. I did it!!

But then, his wide-smile faltered as he felt himself losing balance once again.

Everyone was in utter shock as the green-eyed boy fell, his head land on the ground, hitting his head hard...

...again.

Y/n sighed and shook her head.

She ran a hand through her h/c-hair to let out her frustration. She feels frustrated for the green-eyed boy.

"W...wait...!" Eren said.

Shadis walked towards him.

"Get him down."

"N-not yet!! I can..."

"Bring him down, now!" Thomas immediately followed Shadis' orders.

Eren got down, he sat on the ground, looking devastated. "I..." he muttered.

"Wagner..." Shadis spoke.

"Yes, sir!"

"Trade belts with Yeager."

Thomas and Eren wre both confused as to why they need to trade belts, even the others started to wonder why. Y/n raised a brow, she stared at Shadis, her mind wandering off to something. What the hell did he do? Tch. Did he mess up with Eren's belt?

Eren and Thomas traded belts, and when Eren was lift up, everyone was surprised as he can already balance himself while dangling mid-air, even Eren, himseld, is in pure shocked.

W...why?! Suddenly...I can do it...

Eren looked at Shadis, who's holding his belts. "I don't understand..."

Shadis showed Eren his belts. "Deceptive equipment. The metal fitting in the belt you were using was broken. Normally, you're suspended from the waist, so even if you flip over, you shouldn't be able to hit your head on the ground." Shadis said.

A smirk slowly crept onto Y/n's lips. Now she feels proud, because of the fact that Eren was able to balance himself mid-air even just for a little time while his equipment is broken.