Chapter V - Honest Answer

{Long Chapter Ahead - 7,260 words}

(Year 831)

Chatterings from the new trainees of the training corps can be heard all over the mess hall.

All the trainees are present in the mess hall for their first dinner at the training corps. They all have already made their own circle of friends.

Y/n let out a small chuckle and shook her heard whilst she watch her friend, Hange, socialize with their co-trainees. She already expected Hange to become so friendly, after all, that's Hange's nature. Their such a ball of sunshine. A kind and friendly person.

Y/n just let Hange socialize with the others while her, she stayed on her seat and focused on her dinner.

The others might think Y/n is an anti-social, since she doesn't talk nor join Hange in getting-to-know the others, but no. She's just embarass to make friends. She prefers to just sit still, stay on her placed and wait for some-one who's willing to get to know her.

"Can I sit here?"

Y/n almost jumped out of shock when she heard a guy's voice behind her.

She looked back only to see a young-man with short, smooth, brown-hair parted in down the middle and light-brown eyes. The guy smiled politely at her, holding his tray of dinner.
"No problem. You can sit." Y/n said.

The brown-haired guy smiled widely.

"Thank you! I'm Moblit! Moblit Berner!" The guy said as he sat down on the chair beside the young lady.

Y/n nod her head. "Nice to meet you, Moblit. I'm Y/n. Y/n Vogel." Y/n said.

Moblit and Y/n chuckled when they both offered each other's hand to one another at the same time.

They shook each other's hands then resumed in eating their dinner.

"How old are you, Moblit?" Y/n asked.

"15!" Moblit said.

Y/n was a little surprised, she smiled. "Oh. I'm a year older than you. Why'd you join the military?" Y/n asked.

Moblit sipped om his water, he let out a sigh right after drinking, his face irked as if he just remembered some-thing annoying. "To join the survey corps...I hate the titans, so I'll become a scout and help all of humanity be free from their reign and terror!!!"

Y/n smiled even more, she stared at Moblit with a I'm-so-proud-of-you-look. She feels happy that there's still someone like Moblit who's brave and ready to lay his life on the line for the sake of humanity. He has balls. Haha!!

"You know...it's already rare to know or even see people like you nowadays, majority of the citizens despises the survey corps, so it's a relief for me to know that there's still a person like you who holds respect and believe in their strength." The young lady said.

Moblit just smiled and nod.

He picked up his bread and bit on it. "How about you, Y/n? Why'd you join the training corps?" Moblit asked.

Y/n who was just about to eat a spoonful of rice suddenly paused.

Her mouth still open as she looked at Moblit. "Huh?" Y/n muttered.

Moblit let out a small chuckle. "I said? Why did you join the training corps?"

Y/n ate the spoonful of rice.

She looked away from Moblit and stared at nowhere whilst she chew the rice inside her mouth.

She swallowed the rice inside her mouth after making sure that she's alreafy chewed enough.