Chapter XX - The Wings of Freedom

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,300 words}

(Southern Shiganshina District)

The day of the survey corps's new expedition have finally come. Now, they're all in front of Shiganshina's gate. "Open the gate!!" Shadis said.

"Open the gate!!"

The gate starting slowly going up, being opened by the Garrison men.

Y/n roamed her eyes around, there are people watching them, most of the people have a disapproving look.

It's not new anymore.

The people have always hated their regiment for going outside the walls, coming back with many dead bodies, injured soldiers and that their only "wasting" their already paid taxes.

Y/n doesn't care about those people any longer, they can talk shit things about them for as long as they want.

For Y/n, and the whole survey corps, they're fighting for humanity, for all these people who discriminates them.

"Today, we take one more step forward!! Show me what you learned in training!! Teach them the power of the human race!!" Shadis said.

A smile slowly crept onto Y/n's lips upon seeing children admiring them. If there's people who loves them, it's those kids who thinks they're really cool for bravely fighting the titans.

"Y/N-SAN!!!" Y/n's brows shot-up upon hearing a familiar voice of three kids.

She looked at her right then saw the Shiganshina trio. Eren and Armin are smiling widely while waving at her. Mikasa is just smiling a bit, but she's also waving. "Brats..." Y/n muttered.

"PLEASE COME BACK HOME SAFE!!" Armin shouted.

"KILL ALL THE TITANS, Y/N-SAN!!" Eren shouted.

Y/n chuckled.

She just nod at the three kids.

These three brats...

I'm so done fighting for useless adults...so I'll fight for these kids.

Not only them...

But also to the other children who admires us, they should have a bright future ahead of them, if it means giving our lives, it'll be worth it. Because...

These children will be the ones to continue the future we set ahead of them. They're the future of this world.

"Well, aren't you famous?"

Y/n raised a brow.

She looked at Erwin who spoke. "Really? I didn't know..." Y/n said, trying to act all innocent about it.

Erwin's lips twitched, he just shook his head. His blue-eyes landed on Y/n's chest, he felt his heart raced fast upon seeing the h/c-haired lafy is wearing the necklace he gave to her last night.

Erwin just smiled to himself.

It's the first time he's smiling before going outside the walls, normally, he's all serious and cold, whenever they go outside the walls. Either day or night before, until the day of their venture outside the walls arrived. He just can't find the right reason to smile, but...

...Now he did.

Because Y/n's by his side.

The gate completely opened and all of the scouts got ready to move forward.

"All troops!! Advance!!"

All the scouts made their horses gallop forward, finally going outside.