Chapter 29

-Snow's pov-

Today is my 8th birthday. And Dean will be here

"Lady Snow, It's time to get ready for your party," called Sierra.

"I'm coming, Sierra," I responded.

Sierra is already 9 and her brother is already 11 and is being tutored by one of father's vassals. I've heard he's done well but I've never actually met him.

But rumor has it that he's on par with the Ascot duchy when it comes to information. Kids in this world are particularly bright for their ages...

I was bathed in a special floral bath, and my makeup was done lightly as I had requested. I decided to lean into my natural villainess look and asked them to paint my eyeliner in a slightly high wing and light pink for my lipstick and that's about it. I didn't want too much makeup and I was already naturally pretty.

My gown was a dark blue, it had a sweetheart neckline decorated with black lace, and real diamonds decorated around the bust, my skirt flowed beautifully, and a big black ribbon was tied around my waist.

I was also wearing a dark blue headpiece with black tulle, a black feather, and a sapphire stone. My hair was also done up in a messy side bun which gave me an elegant aura. My black lace gloves, black and gold fan, sapphire earrings, and necklace completed the look.

I was wearing my normal Anbu mask and today I would be revealing my face to all those nobles.

I made my way to the grand staircase elegantly. Then I saw the person I wanted to see most waiting for me atop the staircase. Dean.

And I was pleasantly surprised that some other people I was trying to avoid weren't here, Reinel and Renèe weren't here yet but their father was. Leonard was also missing but King Lennon and Queen Claudia were over there.

Harry wouldn't come along until I was maybe 13, Alexandra though... She was here, dark black hair and emerald eyes a beautiful wolf beast who is the same age as me.

After father made his speech and introduced me, I gracefully took off my mask and smiled at the gawking crowd.

Everything was going smoothly until... "Neigh!" there was a ruckus and wouldn't you know it. It was the Ascot twins crashing my party on horseback....

-------------------

The princess' birthday was coming up and we were ecstatic, for the past year we've been trying to get a glimpse of the princess but have come up unsuccessful due to her father's constant overprotectiveness...

Not even our best informants could get a proper description of the princess.

"So what should we get her, Rei?" Renèe asked while we were excitedly counting the days till the princess' birthday in our garden.

"We might have not gained any information on her looks but we do know that she likes simple jewelry and new foreign things, so why don't we get her a snake weed necklace?" I suggested.

"Oooh, good idea but with what pendant?" Renée asked.

"There's no doubt she already has the best jewels..." Renée continued.

"Why don't we go around town to shop for a pendant?" I smiled, closing my book and standing up.

"Alright," we asked father to go out to town to browse the jewelry shops.

"Rei, come look at this one," said Renée holding up a sapphire pendant.

"... I don't think it would look too good with the snake weed necklace," said I shook my head.

"How about this snowflake one then?" He asked holding up a crystal snowflake.

"Hm, I don't know. Doesn't her father call her snowflake? It feels... Unoriginal..." I frowned as Renée nodded in agreement.

"We might get in trouble with her father too..." Renée said putting back the crystal snowflake.

"This is harder than I thought..." Sighed Reinel.

"Why don't we go pick snake weed first? We need to get it braided anyway," Suggested Renée.

"Okay..."

"Absolutely not," said their father crossing his arms.

"What!? Why?!" Asked Renée.

"Father, surely we can protect ourselves! We're definitely smart enough," I reasoned.

"Yes, the two of you are smart, where did you think you got it from? So smart in fact that you don't need me to tell you why you can't go to the Certrious Forest," he said grabbing a file from his cabinet.

"But, father--" Reinel whined as his father cut him off.

"Not another word about it, boys, not even with 10,000 armed guards would I let you go into the Certrious Forest. I will send Michael to fetch the snake weed for you, end of discussion." He said sitting down to read his files.

I looked at Renée and nodded.

"Yes, father," we said in unison and started to exit the office.

"Give me back my seal, boys," father said without looking up from his papers.

The twins sighed and put the seal back on his desk.

"Don't try anything or you'll have to be grounded until the princess' birthday is over," he said with slight amusement in his voice.

The twins grumbled and stormed off to their room.

"What do we do now, Rei? I want to go to the Certrious forest..." Whined Renée.

"Well, we'd have to choose whether to go to the princess' birthday or go to the Certrious forest..." I said, looking torn.

"I say we go to the forest," said Renée.

"Why? We've been waiting a year to see the princess,"

"And we've been waiting almost our whole lives to see the enchanted Certrious Forest! Once she debuts we'll have to see her sometime! Plus we might just get bored of her!" Renée said with eyes shining, imagining the enchanted Certrious Forest they had only read about in books where they say familiars, spirit beasts, pixies and fairies reside!

"You have a point but how will we get past father? He'll definitely know something's up,"

"Maybe Mother can help with that," then they both grinned mischievously.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°And... Cut!°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°