Chapter 30

Renée and Reinels' mother, Duchess Bellatrix Ascot, is the only daughter of the former Duke Ascot and sister to her younger twin brothers who became professors at Starlight academy.

Lady Bellatrix had always been strong, smart, and calculative despite her willful, flamboyant, and arrogant attitude.

She was the one who really ran the duchy's informant business and other secretive businesses but nothing illegal and so was always away on business.

She was very domineering even to her own husband who changed his last name per her request.

"Here! Mother loves it when we deliver letters to her this way!" Renée took out a vile of a fire that looked like a rainbow-colored flame.

"What should we write?" Renée asked excitedly.

"Hm, let me try to start," Said Reinel.

'Dear Mother, me and Renèe have taken a fancy to a certain girl. It's been a while since your last visit and we haven't told you about her yet. If you could spare some time for us we'll be so happy to tell you everything we like about her.
-Reinel & Renèe'

"How's this?" Asked Reinel as Renèe inspected the letter.

"Mhm, looks good to me!" he said rolling up the piece of paper, stamping it with their family seal, and shoving it into the vile.

Once all the paper was turned to ash all you needed to do was shake it until the ash was one with the flame.

Then to get your target right you needed to infuse a bit of magic into the flame and say the target's first and last name.

"Bellatrix Ascot," said Renèe as he released the glowing flame.

The message was always instant so lady Bellatrix, while in her office in the Slade kingdom, was holding the paper in her hand sealed with the Ascot symbol.

"Oh, my darlings have sent me a letter! What joy! They even sent it to me via flame mail, hmm... It looks like my cheeky darlings need something,"

Bellatrix slowly unrolled the piece of paper as her face brightened up suddenly smiling brilliantly.

She flung the doors of her office almost off their hinges and gleefully strode to the exit of the building.

"Lady Bellatrix? Lady Bellatrix! Where are you going?!" Panicked her butler.

"Home, Kendrick. My boys are waiting for their mother," she said joyfully walking to the door.

"Lady Bellatrix! You can't possibly leave now! We're almost done with this mission!" her butler said, closing the door with his magic and dropping all the paperwork he was holding.

"What? Lady Bellatrix is leaving?"

"No fair! I want some days off too!"

"Lady Bellatrix! You can't leave us all here!"

There was suddenly an uproar and Bellatrix was starting to get annoyed by their whining.

"You dare?" She asked emitting a dark aura.

"Maybe I've been too lenient on you all to whine like this..." Lady Bellatrix took the whip from her side and broke a nearby table with it.

"Now... Tell me again, who dares stop me?" She asked without a trace of sympathy.

Everyone had not seen Lady Bellatrix like this in a long time and the last time they saw her like this it was a nightmare so everyone shook their heads as Lady Bellatrix put back her whip.