Chapter 39

"Oh lord, I'm screwed," I whispered to myself.

"You sure are," laughed Roxas.

I could feel some of the spirits laughing and some dying inside like I am right now.

"It's so bad that I want to cry and laugh at the same time," I said to myself as I went to greet my new 'knights'

"Stand in attention," I said sternly as they finally noticed my presence and lined up.

Except Vinny who struggled a bit before getting up and saluting me lazily.

"We stand under the command of the princess," they all said in unison.

"Show me your beastial forms," I commanded.

The girl was a Doe beast.

The one with peach hair was a Chicken beast.

Vinny was a Boar beast and the one with black hair was a cow beast.

"A chicken, a pig, a cow, and a deer--,"

"Boar," Corrected Vinny as I took a deep breath in.

"Is my father mocking me? No this is exactly what I should've expected," I groaned wanting to cry.

Vinny looked slightly offended as the other three looked like they had accepted their fate and knew they weren't exactly the best.

"What are your names?" I asked, trying to be as kind as I could.

"Arian Velos," said the peach haired boy.

"Mary ann Hall," said the girl.

"Vincent Green," Said Vinny.

"Hero Gates," Said the one with black hair.

"Hero? Quite a name," I said in shock.

"Yes, that's what my parents expected anyway," he laughed sheepishly.

"So you don't believe you're a hero?" I asked curiously.

"... Well, I'm happy being average," he said awkwardly.

"I can see how Vincent and Hero became knights but what happened to you two?" I asked pointing at Mary ann and Arian.

The two of them flustered, "T-They said I was pretty good with a sword but... I get scared easily by loud noises," Explained Arian.

"Um, I passed most of the exercises for knights and am extremely fast at running but... I just... Can't hold up the sword properly," she said, clearly extremely embarrassed.

"So... Why are we even here? We're like... The worst of our batch. What does the princess want with us?" Vinny asked rudely.

Hero elbowed Vinny as I answered, "I bet my father I could train you to defeat the best knights in Sterling," I answered honestly.

"Pfft-- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You?! Train 'us'? HAHAHAHAHAH, that's rich, Princess, sorry to tell you but you're losing, no doubt about it," Vinny laughed.

I looked at the others who refused to meet my gaze knowing what Vinny was saying was true.

"You may be quick to dismiss it but I think I can work with this," I sighed.

I snapped my fingers and Harley, Glade, Lumiere, and Rafael appeared.

"Meet my elemental spirits. I will test your skill as you spar with them since you're not exactly ready to take me on directly. Arian, you'll spar with Lumiere, Mary with Glade, Hero with Rafael, and Vincent with Harley, go," I said as the spirits stepped up to introduce themselves to their partner.