Chapter 44

I managed to calm Vinny down and I explained the situation to Arian and Hero, with Mary's blessing of course.

"You shouldn't get so worked up over something as trashy as that guy," Hero said, patting Vinny's back.

"Wait, why are we comforting Vinny? Shouldn't we be comforting Mary?" Arian asked, confused.

"Oh trust me, I don't need it," Mary deadpanned.

After a long string of profanity and curses came out of Vinny's mouth, which caused Arian to cover my ears, he calmed down again and agreed to continue focusing on training.

"Let's go home," I said, asking Sierra to prepare a carriage.

She looked sad and disappointed that I wouldn't even be staying the night.

"... Alright, my lady," she responded, her cat ears flopping down in depression.

I laughed and hugged her.

"It's 2 months away, just keep yourself busy, Sierra," I smiled as she brightened up.

"My lady always makes my day!" She gushed and went to prepare a carriage.

"You're really close to your maid, huh?" Arian laughed.

"Of course, Sierra's my best friend," I responded happily.

"She must have been with you ever since you were a baby," Mary smiled.

"Huh? What are you talking about? Sierra's only a year older than me," I asked, confused.

"What!?" They screamed.

I loved how surprised they were. After all, Sierra has been serving me since she was 6.

"How old did she start serving you?" Hero asked, shocked.

"She was 6 and I was 5," I smiled brightly.

"Was she raised in the palace?" Arian asked.

"Nope, she passed selection and was given the position of my personal maid,"

"Because she was close to your age?" Mary asked again.

"Oh no, they didn't know she was 6. She managed to trick the royal staff and my father, they thought she was old enough to work," the 4 knights went silent.

"Well.... That's.... Something..." Vinny said.

We traveled home to Sterling and started to train normally. Mary could finally hold up a sword, Arian wasn't afraid of the sound of the sword, Hero was excelling, and Vinny was starting to pick up speed.

"Alright, it's evaluation day," I smiled. Every 2 weeks I'd have Harley, Lumiere, Glade, and Rafael spar with them and evaluate how much they've grown.

But since it was the 3rd week of of the 3rd month, I decided to switch their sparing partners.

"Sylar, with Arian, Aerial with Vinny, Roxas with Hero, and Drake with Mary," I commanded.

"These Spirits were less patient and are prone to using an excessive amount of power when they feel threatened," I explained.

"Who exactly are you calling impatient over there, shorty?" Roxas deadpanned.

"Shut up, rock for brains, or your stupid voice will be ringing in my ears for weeks... " Drake said, rolling his eyes.

"... Agreed... Loud..." Aerial yawned in agreement.

"Your face is loud!" Roxas spat.

"Oooh, good comeback. If you were a 3-year-old," Sylar said sarcastically.