Chapter 34

After 3 months of persistent letters from the Ascot duchy father finally scheduled a play date for me and the twins... Under Dean's supervision.

I was glad to see Dean in high spirits and we've gotten along well since my birthday.

And he's been a lot closer to father as well. But he's become even more protective than before, which is probably by my father's influence...

"Dean," I called with a knock on his door.

"Sister!" he suddenly opened the door then jumped to hug me.

"Oh! Why, aren't you extra excited today," I laughed, stroking his head.

"Of course! I get to see sister after so long!" He smiled.

"Dean... I saw you yesterday... You arrived yesterday..." I said blankly.

"But it feels like forever!" He hugged again.

He's been even more clingy as well...

"Are you excited for the twins' arrival?" I asked walking to the gardens, as he walked a step behind me.

"... Sister, if you had to choose a side, would you believe me or the twins?" He asked with a grin.

"Yours, of course, why?" I asked getting a bad feeling.

"No reason!" He said cheerily skipping to the garden.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea bringing baby snakes into the white dragons' nest..." I mumbled to myself.

-------------------

The twins who prepared day and night for the play date, were practically jumping off the walls.

"You look like you're going to war..." Their father commented.

"What made you think we weren't?" The twins asked seriously.

"... I see your point," he said kneeling down putting a hand on their shoulders, looking at them seriously.

"I'll do my best to keep the beast away, but I can't make any promises that we'll make it out alive after coveting the treasure," he said with a grim expression.

"Don't worry, father! Just do your best! And we'll handle the rest," they said, looking at each other with a mischievous grin.

"That's my boys, your mother would be proud,"

-------------------

"Lilian, the day of the storm has come..." Victor said with a grave expression.

"You can't let those snakes get through your defenses, Lilian! Think of our innocent Dean!" He screamed, shaking Lilian by the shoulders.

"I cannot guarantee that I will not fall in battle, but I will be as strong as I can, for Dean!" they then firmly gripped each others' hand like comrades going to war.

-------------------

"Ready, Ren?" I asked before the doors to the throne room opened.

"Of course. How about you, father? Do you remember your part?" he asked as our father raised and eyebrow.

"Who exactly raised you?" He asked as we smiled happily.

Our father nodded to the servant and they opened the doors, announcing our arrival.

There they are... The Queen and the dragon.

But the way to the princess is through the Queen.

We all bowed.