Chapter 8

(A/N I just put what Snow's mom looks like in the media)

(Edited)

-Snow's pov-

'It's the Queen's birthday today. Unfortunately, it's also the day she dies' I watch the queen as she comes down the stairs elegantly.

Then I hear it, the small ting of an arrow being released from a small crossbow.

The arrow went straight to the queen's heart. The arrow was dipped in a magic suppressant so that she couldn't regenerate, nor could she be healed with that kind of poison in her system.

'Mother!' 'Claudia!' I heard many gasps and shouts, and I feel a sharp pain in my chest.

'Ah!' I clutch my chest, as it's burning like I was the one who got hit.

A tear rolls down my cheek, and I wipe it away, wondering why I was suddenly crying.

'What?.... Oh, I see... this must be the pain that Claudia felt, but not because of the arrow in her chest, but because of the fear she feels of leaving her son, and husband' then I was somewhere else, in what looked like the queen's bedroom.

I see the queen laying in bed barely breathing, when an assassin came from under the bed, holding up a dagger.

'The queen's assassination. A major part of the dark prince being the way he is. it's just how the game was made... This is how it's supposed to be'

'But... Who wouldn't feel sorry for a small boy losing his mother in such a horrendous way' A boy opened the door to find the assassin stabbing his mother.

'No!!! Mother!' more tears fall out of my eyes. Then everything turned black and I woke up.

I wipe my tears and think about what happened.

'..... Ah, my mother died when I was at a young age too, but this is different. To see your mother killed right before your very eyes, not being able to do a thing. I can't even imagine the pain, and insanity I would feel if I were in his place'

'This vision... Why... Do I have to care? This isn't a game anymore, but why are the fates of these once 2d characters still in my hands? If I don't save her, what happens in this world?'

I spent a long time thinking it over like it was the most complicated thing in the world. And yet it was a simple question 'will you save her or not?' either way it wouldn't affect the story's plot too much... At least I don't think....

'The protagonist is the one that's supposed to be dealing with these kinds of situations. If I were in front of the screen I would have just saved the game then loaded it, or replayed the game. But I can't do that here. This place is as real as the one I came from, and so are the people.

"For every action, there is a consequence" A line in my head that prevents me from making a decision.

but there was another line in my head that contradicted my first thought.

"What if I were him?" The feelings of trauma, pain, grief, guilt, and insanity. All those feelings and pressure washing over you like a tsunami, and suffocating you, dragging you down to the point of no return.

Those things I don't ever want to experience. And feelings no one would want a small child to experience.

One option weighed out the other, but I'm still conflicted.

But, there was one other thing I could consider. I am Snow Sterling, a major, overpowered villainess. So what's stopping me from doing what I want? Nothing.