Chapter 58

I was shown to my room and got a little paranoid.

"Glade?" I called.

"Yes, Princess?" he appeared next to me.

"... You're a greenery spirit right?" I asked, deciding whether or not I want to sit on my bed.

"I think we established that the first time I became your spirit," he said with a small laugh.

"Can you... I mean, do you have the ability to check if poison is nearby?" I asked sheepishly.

"Why are you scared, Snow? You wanted to come here," he laughed pulling me to sit down on the bed.

"So... Is that a yes? Or a no? If not I don't think I can eat here," I whined.

"Yes, darling. I can sense when poison is nearby, only if it's made by natural elements," he responded, putting my head on his lap.

"So there's synthetic poison?! Made out of NON natural elements?!" I shot up in a panic.

He laughed and sat me back down.

"No, Snow. Nothing here is made out of a non-natural element. I can also sense foreign substances if that makes you feel any better," he comforted, stroking my head.

"Alright... Are you sure there's no poison in the room?" I confirmed.

"Not a trace, go to sleep, Snow. I'll make sure you're not disturbed," Glade smiled.

I felt extremely comforted by Glade. Also because he was using poppies to relax my nerves.

"Thank you, Glade," I smiled. I closed my eyes and steadied my breath.

I was about to drift off when a man barged into my room.

"Excuse me, you're not supposed to be here," Glade stood up to take care of it.

"Who... You slut. You think I wouldn't catch you, ey? Carmen?" he asked in a slurred voice.

This man was obviously heavily intoxicated. He even broke down the door when it was locked.

"Sir, I will have to ask you to leave, before I call the guards," Glade threatened.

Another thing. The guards probably let him roam around drunk because he has a high rank.

"Shut it, you bastard," he slurred before stabbing Glade.

I was about to laugh, because he stabbed Glade in the stomach, therefore not doing any damage at all...

But Glade was so badly hurt that he dissappeared.

I shot up in alarm. He was holding a dagger that nullified magic, if I get stabbed by it, I wouldn't be able to heal immediately!

"Guards!" I screeched as he held out cuffs.

"No one's coming now, Carmen," he laughed like a pyscho.

Since Glade was heavily injured I can't summon him for a while.

He rushed at me as all my spirits came out to protect me.

Sylar tried to freeze him in place but magic didn't affect him at all!

"What the hell?" I asked in fear.

He cut down two of my spirits and I decided to take a weapon and fight back myself.

I thought it would be easy. But after getting near him, I felt weaker than normal.

He must have some sort of charm on him!

My sword clashed with his dagger, but my sword only disappeared because of his dagger's magic nullifier.

I didn't have a physical sword with me and felt my fear grip at me. I depended too much on my magic...