Chapter 36

"Hm..." Lennon thought.

"Victor? Do you remember how we first met?" Lennon asked, nostalgic.

Victor remembered it well.

-------------------

Victor, Liam, Carlson Ascot, Kyle Ascot and Bellatrix were enrolled into Starlight Academy at the young age of 10 and 12.

"Why do I have to be the horse?" Liam asked, with a slight pout.

"Because! You have raven hair just like Ruben!" Bellatrix answered cheerfully.

Ruben was the name of Bellatrix's beloved horse.

"How come the twins get to be knights and I'm the princess?" Complained Victor.

"Stop complaining!! Let's just play already!" Screamed Bellatrix.

"Whatever our sister says goes," The twins Carlson and Kyle said in unison.

"But, Bella, if all three of us are knights, who's the dragon?" Kyle asked gently, patting his sister's hair lovingly.

"I can be the dragon--" Liam said before being interrupted by Bellatrix.

"No! Then I won't have a steed!" Bellatrix exclaimed as Liam thought 'Is that really a bad thing?'

Suddenly, Bellatrix perked up. She glanced at a big tree nearby and made eye contact with the boy that observed them boredly.

Lennon who was a prince had escaped his annoying child followers and spotted the 4 kids and watched them.

Lennon hated being a child and hated being treated like one. He hated and looked down on the noble children that curried for his favor any chance they got.

None of the kids thought like him, he was a genius. No one was smart enough, skilled enough, good enough for him.

Until he met Bellatrix and the others.

While watching the children bicker he saw the girl glance his way, up the tree that he hid in to avoid his annoying followers.

She seemed to jog towards the tree curiously.

Lennon looked on, ready to jump off when she came close.

But she suddenly disappeared, Lennon let out a small gasp of shock and surprise, glancing down to find her figure.

"Hi there," She said suddenly, right next to Lennon.

"GAH!" Lennon exclaimed, falling out of the tree, only to be caught by Kyle Ascot.

"This doesn't look like a dragon, Bella, another princess maybe," sneered Carlston.

"Leave him alone, Carl," Bellatrix laughed as Kyle dropped Lennon, slightly jealous that his sister told Carlston to stop teasing him.

Leonard grunted in pain with scowl.

"Hey, are you alright? I sincerely apologize for my brothers," Bellatrix said smiling brightly.

She put a hand out to help Lennon up.

Lennon watched in awe, her flaming orange hair shining in the sunlight, her cyan snake eyes glowing with joy and intelligence, he felt his heart flutter for a moment as he tried to ground himself back to reality.

He slapped her hand away.

"I can get up by myself. Who are you? And how dare you disrespect the prince of Fantasia?" Lennon asked seriously.

Lennon didn't smile. He didn't laugh. He was cold and serious because he didn't want to be treated as a child, therefore he didn't show his emotions like a normal one.