Chapter 52

The Heroine, Lydia Ambers, a girl with short, curled black hair with red tips, her hair was styled cutely in the back shaped like a bow, and firey amber orange eyes, was running late from her errands because her uncle came down suddenly with a fever.

Due to an old accident, half of her uncle's tail was cut off, and so his mana was unstable, and often came down with a fever from mana instability.

I watched it play out. She was being harassed by three drunk beastmen and they stole the medicine from her.

She didn't have enough money to buy more, and without it, her uncle's condition could worsen...

One against three burly beastmen weren't great odds, but when they come close to cornering her, a hero sweeps in.

"... Huh?" I exclaimed in confusion.

She was already cornered! Where is he!?

The male lead of the Catastrophe route should be here be here by now!

I stood up and paced around like a panicking idiot.

"Where is he? Where is he?" I asked in a panic.

She was already getting pinned down and there was still no sign of him.

"Oh gods... Fine..." I sighed as I pulled up my black scarf to cover up half of my face like the original male lead did, and jumped from the rooftops and pulled the drunkered off Lydia.

The two other men looked at me in shock and charged at me.

Easy enough, I side stepped them and knocked them both out in one blow.

I look at Lydia, eyes shining with tears.

"You... You saved me," she cried, hugging my legs.

I inwardly groaned. I wasn't supposed to be the one that did...

I pat her head as she looked up at me with admiration.

"Thank you!" she cried again.

I knelt down and grabbed the paper bag with the medicine and gave it to her.

I started to walk away when she stopped me.

"Wait! C-Could you please tell me y-your name?" she asked hopefully.

I look at her. She's so adorable--

I sighed and decided to do what the capture target would have done.

I carried her bridal style and jumped through the roofs of Fantasia.

"Gah! W-Wait! M-My house is over there!" she pointed as we landed safely in front of her house.

"T-Thank you again! So much!" she beamed.

I nodded in response as she turned to open the door.

Then she turned back to me suddenly.

She ran and hugged me as I stood there in shock.

I was about to hug her back when she pulled my hood backwards, and my flowing white hair escaped, dancing in the wind as I stumbled back and in shock.

"I-I'm sorry if I startled you... You look beautiful," Lydia smiled, her hair was illuminated by the moonlight, swaying gently to the wind.

I heard some coughs come from her home as she looked back at the door worriedly.

She put out a hand and helped me up.

"Thank you again... I-I hope I can meet you again, I'll surely repay you then!" she smiled before rushing into the house.