Chapter 53

Father told me many stories about Slade, and little of them were actually good...

A kingdom full of entertainment and wealth, but corrupted by greed and selfishness...

I imagined it to look a bit like our kingdom or Fantasia, but mother warned me that it looked like no kingdom I'd ever expect.

"Honey, did you know I met your father in Bonhall?" Mother laughed lightly.

"Bonhall? That's the 5th town under Slade right?" I asked curiously.

"That's right, I was on a mission at that time. Like your father said, Slade is crawling with assassins, thieves, and--," Our talk was rudely interrupted by the carriage suddenly jolting up.

"--bandits..." Mother continued, as we heard the coachman knock twice on the door.

"Speak of the devil... You girls stay here, I'll handle this," Father said bravely.

"Alright, father. Make it quick!" I beamed.

"And be. Careful. Got that? Victor?" Mother emphasized.

"Of course, Lili. Who do you think you're talking to? I'll handle this," he laughed confidently, kissing her forehead snd closing the carriage door.

Not even 10 seconds later we heard chains rattling.

"Lili! I can't handle this!!!" Father screamed, as I struggled to hold in my laughter.

"For goodness sake--! Snow, stay in here and don't look out the window, understood?" Mother said sternly.

"Y-Yes, mother-- pfft, s-sorry, I shouldn't be laughing," I struggled to get my words out due to choking and wheezing.

"I would be mad if your father wasn't so confident," she sighed.

I pressed my ear on the carriage wall to listen in.

"Hello, Lilian,"

"Oh gods... Not you again..." mother groaned.

Aaaand things just got intresting, my cue to look out the window.

A handsome roguish man with long red hair held my father, our coachman, and knights hostage.

"When are you going to give up on this absurd obsession with me? It's extremely problematic..." Mother scowled, taking out her daggers.

"Oh, don't be like that, Lili, you know I love you, and I know deep down, you still love me too, if not why would you come back to Slade? To me," he cood.

"Blegh! Ew, 10 in looks but 0 in personality," I said to myself.

"Who's in the carriage?" the red head asked angrily.

"You wouldn't want to know," Father responded before he was kicked in the stomach.

Without warning, the door of the carriage suddenly flew open and I was greeted by a young man who seemed to be 15, give or take.

"Snow!" mother screamed, being attacked by 16 bandits.

He froze when he saw me.

"Hello," I greeted.

"Spencer! What is it?!" the red head asked irritatedly.

He seemed to be in a daze as I realized he might be charmed by me.

"Do you mind?" I asked, putting my hand out so that he could help me out of the carriage.

He snapped out of it and helped me down hurriedly and awkwardly.

The red head approached me then went down on one knee, and squinted his eyes as if to examine me.

"You look like Lili," he realized.