Chapter 70

-Snow's pov-

"Well, you heard the girl, knight commander," said the guy, snaking his hand around my waist.

"Hands off, scum," my aunt snarled, slapping his hand away.

"What are you doing, Yukionna?" She asked skeptically.

"Just a little curious is all," I said, slightly looking at the glinting recording crystal as my aunt caught on.

"And didn't you say you were going to be busy tonight? I think having a guide around the district would be great!" I clapped happily as she discreetly slipped me a wooden amulet.

She seemed to think about it for awhile.

As if on cue a knight arrived, looking for knight commander Riko.

"Knight commander, there's been a disturbance on Falcon street, immediate assistance from a higher officer is required," he stated.

"... Tch, was I called by name?" she asked.

"Affirmative, knight commander. Detective Arthur requested you by name," he stated again.

She glanced at me then gave me a small wink.

"If I can't find her within 10 minutes when I get back, I'll have heads rolling," she growled before leaving.

The three men showed me around as promised but kept getting distracted by something, they would tell me to look at souvenirs then seemingly huddle around something and by the time I returned they acted like nothing happened.

While looking at some hairpins I noticed a couple. They seemed to be looking outside a dress shop window, but I saw the woman holding a compact mirror.

The man seemed to notice that I noticed. He glanced at me with a smile then gently elbowed his partner as she closed the mirror.

Again I noticed a woman in a nearby Cafe who seemed to be reading a book but glanced at me from time to time.

I couldn't help but wonder. Are those aunt Bellatrix's people?

Though it was night the café's seemed full of lively people, reading, talking, street performers dancing, singing, acting.

I can't help but imagine how quiet the day time is, it's like the whole kingdom was nocturnal.

Suddenly the wooden amulet glowed faintly as words started to appear.

'Plan has been authorized to kidnap you, be wary, one of my subordinates will pick you up'

"Hey, lotus, why don't we check out Redilia park? The moon lilies look great at this time of night," one of the guys suggested.

"Sure! I'll just pick up a hairpin for myself," I said as they agreed and I picked one out.

"I'll take this one please, oh, and is Redilia park near the next district?" I asked smoothly.

"Yes, Redilia park is the border line of Carolina and Sevior, why do you ask?" the vendor asked curiously.

"Oh, it's nothing, just a tourist, that's where the famous Duke Myoga resides, correct?" I asked again as they gave me my package.

"Ah, I see you've heard. Thank you for your purchase," he nodded as I paid and left as well.

Actually I was only guessing. They're trying to get me over a border...

We arrived in Redilia park and there really were moon lilies.