Chapter 40

3 days have passed and I'm receiving fairly good results. Small but we're getting somwhere.

"Alright, now that you're more accustomed to your weights I'll be making them a bit heavier," I said with the snap of my fingers.

"Planking today," I smiled as they lined up.

"Mary, hold for a minute, Arian, hold for 1 minute and 30 seconds, Vincent, Hold for a minute and 10 seconds and Hero hold for 5," I said as they got on their bellies to wait for my signal.

"Minutes?" Hero asked confused.

I shook my head, "Seconds," I said as he looked dissatisfied.

I've been giving Hero the easiest exercises on purpose and sending him home early. I hoped he'd come to grow more and more frustrated and use that to my advantage.

On the first day he said he was happy with being 'average' now it's time to test that statement.

Though I hope he would say something about it he also got into position begrudgingly.

"Start," I timed.

"Drop, Hero," I said, bored. But he didn't stop.

"Hero, stop," I said again. But he didn't stop.

The three other knights looked at Hero curiously.

I used wind magic to push him close to the ground so that he'd stop. But surprisingly he pushed himself upwards, trembling under the pressure but holding on.

That's it. That's what I wanted. I smirked as I added more weight.

Vincent dropped before his time.

"Jeez, Vincent. I really thought you could make it this time," I sighed disappointed as he sat in defeat.

"Time, Mary," I said as she dropped.

But Hero refused.

"Hero, you've done enough," I said, but still he wouldn't give.

I pressed the weight harder and still his determination didn't falter.

'This is good,' I smiled.

"Arian, time," I said but Arian didn't stop either.

"Oh really?" I summoned a pair of cymbals and banged them together and Arian immediately went down and covered his ears.

But Hero kept going.

"Enough, Hero," I said again as the timer reached 2 minutes.

After 3 minutes I pressed him to the ground and he stayed down as I approached him.

"Go home, Hero. You've done enough," I said, giving him a water bottle.

"Vincent, go do yoga like I taught you, then the normal sets after," I said as he nodded.

The first 2 days Vincent was extremely sassy and complained that yoga was 'embarrassing' but after I almost punched him and he instinctively doged quickly he started taking it seriously.

He could feel himself improve even if it was just a tiny bit faster than before he wanted to improve it further.

"Mary, push up and pull up sets, then meet me later for a special 1 on 1," she nodded, slightly terrified of having a 1 on 1.

"Arian... I'll teach you something new," I said as he followed me curiously.

I saw Hero just sit there. He looked lost in thought.

I created a wooden stair case with 12 inch steps so that Arian could jump on them easier.

"Now, just jump on one step with your hands behind your back like this," I said jumping up 3 steps.