Chapter 62

"I have some pills here to suppress your pheromone secretion, one pill per hour," Minoru explained, throwing me the small glass vial.

"Will this stop my red moon?" I asked uncomfortably.

"No, my dear. It's simply to make it so you don't give off a certain scent, it's completely harmless, safe, and tested, per your father's request. No side effects, and the whole vial was made by your aunt Saran from Xander if you know her," he said, tapping the label with the name Su Saran on it.

"I've met her, she's a great pharmacist," I smiled.

"Then that's great, my dear," Minoru smiled back.

"So, 24 pills means a whole day?" I asked curiously, shaking the vial with tiny red colored tablets.

"No, no. That's something you must not do," Minoru said quickly.

"I thought you said it was safe?" I tilted my head skeptically.

"It is, over dosing won't kill you but..." he trailed off hesitantly.

"But??" I said impatiently.

"The pills cover up your scent and filter some of the pheromones, but taking too many at once would mean that you'd block the pheromones completely, meaning they're stuck inside your body," he explained.

"And that's bad how?" I asked again, thinking it was a good idea.

"Keeping those pheromones inside of you will mean that you, yourself, would be affected by it, making you very... Drunk," he continued, making small gestures.

"... Wow... Drunk... Like... Sleepy drunk? Or... Get-into-trouble -I-shouldn't-be-in-at-my-age kind of drunk?" I asked lightly.

"The second one, but one pill per hour should be just fine," he replied with an amused smile.

"I see..." I nodded.

"So you can smell it as well??" I asked.

"Of course I can, but I've already mated so the effect is very minimal," he laughed.

"Alright. Now that we've discussed that, what's the plan?" I asked seriously.

"I will set up a meeting with you and all of my sons, they will all think they're there to woo you, except for Kazuki and Ken, Aina will be teaching them how to help you best they can," Minoru said, giving me a thumbs up.

"Then, the ones I have to babysit are Akihiko, Kiyoshi, Masaro, and Osamu, correct?" I sighed.

"Correct! I'm surprised you know them by name. Shall I inform you of behavior?" he asked curiously.

I nodded silently.

"Then let's begin. Osamu, 17, is the eldest, with Kazuki second by a week, and Ken who was behind them both by a year. First and only son of my first concubine Himiko. He wants the throne badly, too badly, thanks to the relentless pushing of his mother and grandparents, but he's the only one openly showing his wanting for the throne," Minoru gave me a picture of him.

"Superiority complex," I scoffed.

"Next, fourth son, Akihiko, 14, first son of my second concubine Murasaki, he tends to bully Ken a lot, despite Akihiko being younger... But his mother does spoil her children rotten, and so does his grandparents, who always compares him to his older brothers," Minoru continued.

"Inferiority complex..." I sighed.

"Next, fifth son, Kiyoshi, 13, second born of Murasaki. He thinks I don't know why he asks about how to rule Slade, he says it's to help his brother, but I've heard his whispers... He calls Osamu delusional and dimwitted, he acts nice to Ken and Kazuki while playing little tricks on them..." Minoru shook his head.