Chapter 31

The twins gawked at the forest that shined like jewels.

"It's beautiful," said Reinel.

"Look! It's an Alitalia plant!" Renèe said running up to a strange spikey plant that had golden dew on each spike.

"Don't get too close, Renèe. Each drop of golden dew is enough to take out a full grown beastman!"

"Don't Xanderians use this poison for medicine though?" Asked Renèe eyeing the plant.

"Of course they have it processed first, idiot,"

"Too bad we don't have any ethren glass vials..."

Nightshade is only for knocking out a beast for a few hours but poisons found in virgin forests are as strong as acid therefore using a normal glass vial would do no good.

"I think there's a reason mother didn't give us anything other than scissors, magic string, bags, water, food, and gold," laughed Renèe.

After a little while the twins finally found the snakeweed tree.

"Look, Ren! The snakeweed is black!" exclaimed Reinel excitedly.

Snakeweed differentiates it's color depending on weather, environment, time, season, and how much mana is in the air.

Snakeweed can come in many different colors like white, pink, red, blue, purple, turquoise, yellow etc but it's rarely ever black. The last time black snakeweed was found was exactly 100 years ago.

"This is amazing! It makes me want to stay in this forest and study this snakeweed tree's behavior and its surroundings!" Said Reinel quickly stuffing his bag with black snakeweed.

"This'll be worth so much gold! We could manipulate even the slade kingdom's economy if we harvest this whole tree!" exclaimed Renèe doing the same.

The twins both had very different goals and outlooks on life but were still perfectly in sync which amazed all who had met the real them.

"Wait.... Ren.... Did you hear that?"

"Hm? Hear what?" Asked Renèe wondering how much money he can make out of his bag.

Reinel stayed quiet for a bit to listen again but heard nothing. "Nothing I guess,"

"Alright. Hey, wanna have a picnic here??" Asked Renèe all giddy.

Reinel nodded as they unpacked their picnic.

As they ate they recalled stories their mother had told them about this forest.

"I wonder. If mother came here when she was younger with king Victor, king Lennon and their wives, do you think history would repeat itself and we would have to come here too to discover the secrets of this forest?" Asked Reinel as he took a bite from his favorite chocolate cookie.

"You'd like that wouldn't you? With Snow and the prince of Fantasia," laughed Renèe taking a bit out of his favorite strawberry cookie.

"What secrets did they find here I wonder," said the twins in unison.

They looked at each other and laughed.

"Jinx!" they both said again.

"Hey, why don't we make Snow's necklace now?" Asked Reinel

"You know how to braid??"

"Of course I do," Reinel took a few pieces of snake weed and started braiding them while Renèe ate as he watched.

"Give me one of the gold coins," Reinel asked.

"Why?" Said Renèe confused.

"You'll see, now melt it," Renèe did as he was told and melted the gold coin.