Chapter 50

"Alexa, if you're going to hide, at least hide somewhere that giant dress of yours won't peek out of," Leo sighed as I giggled.

"But nothing is big enough to hide it!" Alexa complained, puffing her cheeks adorably.

"Then wear a smaller dress," Suggested Rei.

"I can't! Mother won't let me," she sulked as she came and hugged my waist.

"Snow, they're bullying me again," she cried.

"Alexa is right, we should just change the game if her dress is too big," I smiled as they all groaned, including her brother Elliot.

"We've changed the game 5 times in a row!" Ren complained.

"As much as I would love to take your side, sister, it is quite troubling. I want to play!" Dean pouted.

"Not my problem!" Alexa huffed.

"Maybe we should take a break..." Sierra sighed.

"We've had enough breaks," Leonard sighed.

I was torn. It was a lot easier when it was just the six of us. Sierra, me, Leo, Ren, Rei, and Dean. I had no problem with Elliot but Alexa was demanding more and more of my attention.

"... You guys go play. I'll sit and chat with Alexa," I smiled.

The boys didn't want to abandon Snow but they were tired from resting.

"Alright... Don't be too long, sister. I came here for you after all," Dean mumbled.

I smiled as I took Alexa to sit.

"Alexa... What are you doing?" I asked curiously.

"I'm having tea with you of course!" she said cheerfully.

"We both know that's not what I'm talking about, Alexa," I said with a glance.

She stopped sipping her tea and looked away uncomfortably.

"I just... You're my best friend... But... Why is it that you like spending more time with them than... Me?" she asked.

As the second villainess, Alexa was bound to be obsessive. But she's not unredeemable.

She's lonely. It's not that there aren't girls her age in Fantasia, it's because none of them are like her.

Alexa was raised by parents who supported her loud, outspoken, confident, and bubbly demeanor.

But, she didn't get along with other little ladies, in fact, they thought Alexa was weird because Alexa was different. Just because she liked different things.

The little ladies loved to gossip, talk about future husbands, how to throw good parties, and hated getting their dresses dirty.

But Alexa loved being loud, playing in the rain, getting dirty, and found gossip boring.

But she was desperate to fit in. Make friends, so she became more shy, filtered, and didn't voice out her thoughts in fear that she'll be thought of as different.

The twins found it entertaining to keep her around. But in the end, they ended up quite close to her. That's how she became lightly obsessed with the twins.

But now it was me she liked.

"Alexa, do you not see them as your friends? They try hard to get along with you. But you reject them so fervently. Why? Is it because you don't like them?" I asked.

"I-I--,"

"Or is it because you're afraid? That they don't think the same as you. That they won't accept you," I continued.