Chapter 56

"A long time ago, after the great war of races, the first king of Slade Shin was said to have seen the future," he began, pausing to study my expression.

I sat there blankly, listening closely.

"He claimed that his words were a prophecy, that one day a great darkness would threaten our race, but before that, 5 warriors would be born, the most powerful beasts of their generation, to fight the darkness, one from each kingdom," he continued.

"And how did you come up with the idea that I'm the warrior?" I laughed quietly.

"He said that not only would they stand out in terms of power, they would be extremely different from the rest of their bloodline. I wasn't exaggerating when I said you are the only woman of your bloodline!" he explained.

This plotline was starting to sound painfully familiar... Leonard with his red eyes, Damien with his orange wings, and Harry with the strange markings in his eyes and on his back... That only leaves the heroine... Oh wait... Now that I think about it...

"If you suspect me to be a warrior, then what about the other kingdoms? Are there others in my generation who stand out?" I asked curiously.

"Fantasia has a red eyed prince when it is common knowledge that no beast has ever been born with red eyes. Flameheart's 8th prince has orange wings instead of red and...." he trailed off.

"What about Slade and Xander?" I pressed.

"It could be the prince of Xander... But they say it was the Princess that held the power. But she was kidnapped a long time ago," Minoru said sadly.

'Oh my gods, the heroine is the missing phoenix princess... This is the plotline of the second game' I almost cried at the thought.

I decided to mess around with the plot already, don't complain. I recited to myself.

"The people of Slade think of the warriors as bad omens, the bringers of darkness..." he grimaced.

"But I thought we were born to 'fight' the darkness," I said, baffled.

"It's just another scare tactic from the higher ups. Truthfully, they're afraid of the power of the warriors. They've gone so far as to tell my consorts to avoid giving birth... If a warrior really was born in Slade... They'd get rid of them... And what if... They've already succeeded?" he buried his head in his hands in frustration.

He doesn't even know that Harry exists... And he's not supposed to know until the second game.

And it was best that way, I'll bring Harry back when the power struggle within Slade has diminished.

"I see... And if you support a warrior like me... Then they'd have no problem getting rid of you," he nodded solemnly.

"I understand... I can wait... Just knowing that the truth is you want to help me is enough to call this trip a success," I comforted.

"You're very kind, Princess," he smiled, his tired eyes sparking with hope.

"Do you have to send me away in a more flamboyant manner? Or?" I asked with a small laugh.

"I'm afraid I have to," he chuckled.

"But before you go, I have a favor," he said, brightening up instantly.

"What is it?" I asked, getting a bad feeling.

"I want you to fix my sons," he asked calmly, as if just asking me to hand him a pen from the table.

"Hahaha.... You're joking... THAT'S YOUR JOB!" I whisper shouted.

"I can't exactly act like a good father with this many targets on my head! And since you're a princess from another kingdom they'll think twice about laying a finger on you," he whispered back.