Chapter 55

We finally arrived and were being announced.

The doors opened and I saw a room even more gilded than the Fantasia throne room.

It wasn't too flashy but it looked expensive.

The king and queen of Slade looked at us boredly, the queen even letting out a yawn.

Standing beside them were 6 men, dressed in gold and blue, outfits fit for princes. And 3 girls, all adorned in jewels from head to toe.

Jeez, I know rabbits reproduce at a baffling speed but I didn't think that applied for a rabbit beastman.

Queen Aina was a beautiful lady with strong Asian features. Her long lilac hair was tied up neatly and put in place with many intricate hair ornaments.

And king Minoru was a little shorter than father but had a good build. He looked just lile Harry, sky blue hair and piercing pink eyes.

"Greetings, King Minoru, good evening, Queen Aina," I greeted with a deep bow.

"A princess should be seen. Not heard," he deadpanned.

I saw the three princesses snicker and whisper among themselves.

"Then you'll have to make an acception for mine," Father defended.

"Why don't the women leave us to discuss business and they can go into the butterfly sanctuary and have tea," Minoru waved dismissively.

The Queen stood up obediently as the three princesses straightened their backs and followed suit.

I was about to object when I remembered what my father warned me about.

'Do not be fooled by his first impression'

I glanced at father and he nodded.

I nodded back and quietly followed the other ladies to the butterfly sanctuary.

-------------------

"You boys should go as well," Minoru glanced at his 6 sons.

"What? But, father! I'm next to the crown! I should be able to join affairs between two kings since I--," Minoru interrupted his eldest.

"You're not taking the crown until I say so. You're not even the strongest among your brothers, who said you'd survive to see this crown on your head?" Minoru glared.

His eldest could only grit his teeth as they filed out.

"To the office, Victor," he stood as I nodded quietly.

"Did you have to be so rude to my daughter, Minoru," I whispered.

"I'll apologize properly when I get the chance," he whispered back, closing the doors to the office.

-------------------

"So, Snow, it must be good being the only heir," snickered the Princess in yellow.

"Oh, yes, I heard she rejected the prince of Fantasia to be the heir," gossiped the Princess in purple.

"You must be crazy!" laughed the Princess in pink.

They all laughed together, like they were laughing about a joke. Which is the most accurate way these girls see me.

I looked at mother who seemed to be getting more and more annoyed by the second.

"Crazy as those gaudy jewels around your fat neck?" I said offhandedly, calmly sipping my tea.

My mother ungracefully, and accidentally spat out her tea and stifled her laughter.