Chapter 69

-Snow's pov-

"What's the pretty darling doing out of her castle past bedtime?" she asked with a playful smile.

"I'm just out for some fun, aunt Bella," I laughed awkwardly.

"Who told you about the Carolina district? You've got some luck to stumble upon it without proper information," she frowned.

"Aren't you just happy that I'm in a safe district?" I dodged the question.

"Nice try, deary. What do you know about the five districts?" she pressed.

"I-I don't know anything, aunt Bella," I shook my head honestly.

She seemed to contemplate my answer for a bit then smiled.

"Alright. Then I should go alert your father--,"

"No!" I screamed.

"Aunt Bella, please, I-I... I just... I couldn't stay there much longer... I just wanted to have some fun," I explained.

"Do you know how dangerous this place is?" she asked.

I nodded my head as she sat at my table.

"Snow... Are your spirits bothering you?" she asked.

I looked at her in shock.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"It's not like your father could avoid such situations. And when a spirit of his was recovering, his mental state was a little... Off," she explained, holding my hand.

"Since I was his fiancé, I did my best to take care of him," she smiled.

"... So are you going to tell father?" I asked.

"No, but next time, if you want to go out secretly, tell me, I'll accompany you and help you sneak out," she said, putting a finger on her mouth.

I laughed. Aunt Bellatrix was very sweet and playful.

"Alright, I promise--," as I said that, my stomach started to grumble.

"Veener! Fried chicken and fries for the girl," Aunt Bellatrix ordered.

"Coming up, miss," he said with a flick of his pencil.

"He looks a bit young to work," I said offhandedly.

"He does doesn't he? On the contrary, he's already an elder and owns the place," she replied.

"He's an ELDER?" I gasped.

An elder was what you referred to a beast who has already stopped aging.

"Unfortunately yes, I won't grow older than this," Veener sighed, serving me a plate.

There was a condition where beasts stop aging earlier than they're supposed to, it's caused by weak magic and malnourishment.

"Oh, come on, I know women who'd kill for a man like you, you aren't as childish as you look," Bellatrix giggled.

"You flatter me, your husband might just get jealous," Veneer smiled.

"Please. The only people my husband would be jealous of are the twins and Benny," Bellatrix rolled her eyes.

"Uncle Liam? Jealous? Now this I have to hear!" I said excitedly.

"Then let's take off this mask first," she said, gently taking it and smiling warmly.

"There, so beautiful," I flustered, aunt Bellatrix really is a one of a kind beauty! A real charmer too.

"S-So why uncle Benny?" I asked, still a little red in the face.