Chapter 61

A day passed when I received flame mail from the Ascot twins.

'Dearest Snow, how have you been? We heard of the incedent and wanted to know how you were.

And why the Slade border is closed...

-sincerely Reinel & Renèe Ascot'

"The twins are trying to get through the border?" I asked, looking at my father who received flame mail as well.

"So are Lennon and his son it seems," Father furrowed his brows.

"The incedent was only yesterday, how could they be at the border so quickly?" I tilted my head, confused.

"Well, how ever they got there, they're not coming through, a high profile murderer escaped recently, causing the border to close. No one gets in or out of Slade," Father explained.

But I knew what was going on, Harry's event was close. A few years ago, Harry's mother, a concubine gave birth to Harry, but she was shocked to see the strange markings in his eyes and back and immediately tried to order her maid to kill him.

She didn't want to be caught giving birth to a warrior.

She told everyone she had a miscarriage. Luckily enough, the maid passed the duty onto one of the newer butlers and he couldn't kill Harry.

He gave Harry to his cousin and he raised him until he was 14, then he died and Harry was sold by the man's sister to pay off her debt.

Everyone could tell that Harry was a royal, and instead of surrendering him to the royal family to be dealt with, they sold him in a slave trade to be some noble's plaything because he was a very handsome child.

That's where we'll find him.

"A murderer? Oh my, that is serious," I faked a gasp.

"The count's son was one of his unfortunate victims," Father shook his head sadly.

But I knew there was no murderer. So that could only mean someone killed the person who tried to assault me. It's either father knows who it is, or he did it himself.

Either way, I was slightly relieved that he was punished accordingly, without trouble.

"Oh dear... How... Unfortunate," I said, unable to hold in a small smile.

I felt my head throb a bit.

"Ah!" I exclaimed in pain.

"Snowflake... Let's talk about something else! L-Like, what contract did you sign with Minoru?" Father said quickly.

"... My eyes turned red... Didn't it?" I asked blankly.

"... Did you agree to something I wouldn't? The contract looked very restricting, " my father said with a forced laugh.

His expression said it all. I can't feel things that are too negative. Especially now that I have something that enhances such feelings...

"Haha... So, uncle Minoru hasn't told you yet? Did you break the contract?" I smiled, checking for the hidden markings on my neck.

"Autillia!" I chanted, but surprisingly, the markings were still in fact there.

"I wanted you to decide for yourself, I trust you of course," my father smiled, handing me the earrings.

I giggled slightly, "Alright, I think uncle Minoru should hear my answer as well,"

"Already here," Minoru knocked.

Father opened the door and let him in.

"How are you feeling, Princess? Better I hope, oh! And it would be good to hear that--," Father quickly shook his head as Minoru immediately shut himself up.