Chapter 51

"Oh, don't worry so much, Princess," Duchess Karina comforted.

"Most of these nobles grew up in the academy with your father, and I'll tell you, every time a fight between Lennon and Victor broke out, no dress would be spared from the flying foods," giggled Countess Thalia.

"Isn't that the truth?" Laughed Countess Amelia who skillfully dodged a flying roast turkey.

"T-This was... Normal? In the academy?" Snow asked, confused.

"Yes! It became a tradition of our generation you know," Marchioness Annabelle giggled.

"What wild times that must have been," Snow laughed.

"Oh, they were--, oof!" Baroness Gail was suddenly hit by the third tier of the cake.

"Excuse me for a moment, princess," she smiled as Snow nodded.

"VERDY! I know that was you! You coward! Come out here and pay for this dress, you animal!" Baroness Gail screamed.

"Let me help, Princess," Sierra offered, grabbing a silver platter and shielding Snow.

"Well, this was unexpected," Leonard deadpanned, holding a silver platter to shield himself from the projectile whipped cream.

"Watch your flank, kitty," Renèe grinned, holding up another silver platter to save Leonard from a stray piece of pork.

"You better not be referring to me, snake," Sierra rolled her eyes.

"I wasn't," Renèe responded, unbothered.

"Don't get cocky, Ren, I don't want to keep leaving my face open for shots because you're too slow to save your own-- ham!" Reinel, Leo, Ren, Sierra and Snow all ducked out of the way in time.

But Dean wasn't as lucky. The three boys snickered as Snow quickly got a napkin and wiped his face.

"Sister... You know they're my friends... But can I really not spill red wine all over them?" Dean said seriously.

"No, because you are my darling brother, and I love you," Snow laughed and hugged Dean.

Dean turned a slight red, "Okay, so white wine then?" he asked as Snow laughed.

"Happy birthday!" Alexa tackled Snow.

"Alexa! I'm glad you made it through the chaos without so much as a stain!" Snow exclaimed, twirling her around.

"Happy birthday, Snow," Elliot greeted, kissing the back of her hand.

"Off! Off!" Leonard interrupted.

"Let the puppy have his fun, Leo, we don't start till the academy anyway," Rei smirked pulling Leonard back.

"Start what? Rei?" Snow raised a brow.

"Nothing, Snow," he smiled.

"As if I didn't hear, Rei," Snow laughed as a whole cake was thrown their way.

With one big effort and 8 silver platters, the eight of them managed to stay spotless.

"My heart stopped for a second," Snow sighed.

"Gah! What is with these people!" Arian exclaimed, flicking off the cake on his armor.

"Jeez, and they call me a pig," Vinny chuckled.

"Hi, Princess! We're late but we finally finished our gift!" Mary panted tiredly.

She handed Snow a white stuffed toy, with light blue bead eyes, that looked like a Fenrir.